Pacific Highway and Houston Mitchell Drive
The NSW Government has committed funding for the planned upgrade to improve safety at this intersection and reduce crashes.
Jun 2022 - Work completed
Transport for NSW has completed the upgrade work at this intersection. We thank you for your patience during this important work.
The Pacific Motorway is the main north-south arterial connection between Sydney and Brisbane. It is a major freight route and provides a high speed road environment.
In 2021, the NSW Government invested $2.9 million to upgrade the intersection of Houston Mitchell Drive to address safety issues and increase sight distances for turning vehicles.
Transport for NSW will continue to monitor safety performance across the road network and prioritise potential upgrades.
The completed safety improvements at the intersection of the Pacific Highway and Houston Mitchell Drive include a:
- new left turn deceleration lane on the Pacific Highway into Houston Mitchell Drive for southbound motorists
- new acceleration lane on the Pacific Highway for southbound motorists turning left out of Houston Mitchell Drive
- wider road shoulders for motorists turning in and out of Houston Mitchell Drive
- new safety barriers and line marking.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- August 2021 project notification
Safety upgrade planned for Pacific Highway and Houston Mitchell Drive intersection, south of Port Macquarie.
- September 2021 detour map
Safety improvements – intersection of Pacific Highway and Houston Mitchell Drive, south of Port Macquarie.
- 3 September 2021
Work Starting on Pacific Highway intersection at Houston Mitchell Drive.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 0429 233 146 (business hours – Moses Verevakabau, Project Engineer)
Mail: Moses Verevakabau, Transport for NSW, PO Box 576 Grafton NSW 2460