Preferred option - South Batemans Bay Link Road
Transport for NSW is building the next stage of the South Batemans Bay Link Road which will connect the Eurobodalla Shire Council upgrade of Glenella Road with the Princes Highway.
The project includes a new section of road and a new intersection with the Princes Highway. Four intersection options were investigated and assessed to identify the preferred option.
These options were comparatively assessed against:
- Road safety standards
- Traffic efficiency
- Environmental impacts
- Property and community needs
- Construction and design benefits (constructability)
- Delivery cost and budget.
To provide a safe and efficient intersection, a roundabout was identified as the preferred option.
The community update provides an overview of the preferred option.
Key benefits of the preferred option include:
- Provide a safe and efficient connection between the Princes Highway and south Batemans Bay villages for residents, visitors and freight
- Help ease congestion in the Batemans Bay central business district
- Reduce severity of crashes on Princes Highway between Cranbrook Road and Lattas Point Road.
More detailed information on the preferred option can be found in the South Batemans Bay Link Road preferred option report.
The preferred option was put on display for community feedback between in late 2019 and the project team held drop in sessions to give residents an opportunity to meet the team and find out about the project and the preferred option.