Project 1 - Beecroft Road & Carlingford Road - Epping Town Centre road & intersection upgrades
The NSW Government is funding this project through the Housing Acceleration Fund to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion to support population growth in Epping Town Centre.
Progress so far, and next steps
We will be back onsite to complete the final stage of work between Saturday 28 April and Saturday 30 June 2018, weather permitting, excluding public holidays. Our night work hours will be between 7pm and 7am from Sunday to Friday. Our day work hours will be between 7am and 7pm from Monday to Friday and between 8am and 1pm on Saturdays.
Please view or download the April 2018 project update for more information.
Key features of Project 1 include:
- Widening Beecroft Road on the eastern side of the intersection
- Providing an additional right turn lane from Beecroft Road southbound into Carlingford Road
- Providing a third southbound lane on Beecroft Road north of Carlingford Road
- Upgrading the left turn slip lane from Carlingford Road onto Beecroft Road
- Providing a new traffic light pedestrian crossing on the western side of the intersection
- Building a 90 metre long retaining wall on the eastern side of Beecroft Road next to the rail corridor
- Vegetation removal
- Upgrading traffic islands and traffic control signals
- Adjusting property and utility services.
The intersection is designed to accommodate a future traffic light pedestrian crossing on the northern side of the intersection and a footpath and retaining wall on the eastern side of Beecroft Road.
Roads and Maritime sought comments from the community and stakeholders on Project 1 in August 2014. Further consultation was carried out in October 2014 to seek feedback about some proposed modifications to the detailed design.
We received 148 comments from the community across the two consultation periods and have provided responses in a Community Consultation Report.
Key matters raised were about design changes to the intersection of Ray Road/Rawson Street and Carlingford Road, and concerns about traffic impacts and proposed changes to pedestrian crossings.
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to consider our proposal and provide feedback. Following a review of the comments we have decided to proceed with the proposal.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- April 2018 project update
Beecroft Road and Carlingford Road, Epping.
- December 2017 project update
Work resuming at the intersection of Beecroft Road and Carlingford Road, Epping from Monday 8 January 2018.
November 2017 project update
Work on hold at the intersection of Beecroft Road and Carlingford Road, Epping.
October 2017 project update
Epping Road, between Essex Street and Blaxland Road, Epping.
August 2017 project update
Work continuing at the intersection of Beecroft Road and Carlingford Road, Epping.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 332 660