Redfern Station improvement works
New station entrance
- In November 2018, a new station entrance on the corner of Gibbons & Lawson Streets was opened, replacing the old Gibbons Street entrance.
- A new bike storage facility has also been opened next to the new entrance, accommodating around 36 bike spaces.
We thank customers for their patience during the construction of the new entrance.
- The new entrance improves safety as customers no longer have to cross a busy thoroughfare.
- The new bike storage facility allows our customers to dock their bike safely and catch the train.
- The new open, well-lit concourse provides improved customer movement through the station and better interchange to Platforms 11 and 12.
- Increased capacity to handle the on-ongoing growth of patronage at this busy significant Rail station.