Major IT Programs
Transport for NSW is rolling out a package of major IT upgrades to modernise how we do business and ensure we’re in the best position to support customers and deliver on the Government’s record infrastructure program.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - complete
- Making IT Work for You (previously known as Next Generation Infrastructure Services)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) - complete
Making IT Work for You
Transport for NSW is a great place to work. To keep attracting the best people and make sure we’re able to deliver the best outcomes for customers, we’re investing in the systems we need to make Transport a flexible, agile and collaborative workplace.
The ‘Making IT Work for You’ program will transform the IT infrastructure of the Transport cluster by centralising IT services and support to around 27,500 staff working at various locations throughout NSW. We will bring a network allowing Transport staff to work seamlessly across any location at any time.
We’re also moving to more modern systems to support a more mobile workforce, including:
- Online Collaboration tools
- Cloud-based mail
- Development of a Windows 10 standard operating environment.
- A new, easy to use MyIT self-service portal and service desk
- Building the foundations for a faster and more reliable network infrastructure for sites across TfNSW, Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink, RMS and STA.
- Centralised data centres
Budget: $425 million (including contingency)
Spend to date: As at end January 2018 the MITWFY Program spend to date is $366m (on budget).
Timeframe: The project started rolling out in 2014 and will be completed in 2018.
Achievements: Major contracts have been awarded, new data centres have been built and opened, servers and applications have been migrated, approximately a third of Transport mailboxes have been migrated to online mail and other new software and technology products are rolling out for staff.
Partners: Our key partners to deliver the Making IT Work For You program include:
- IBM Australia
- NEC IT Services Australia