With such an ambitious vision for NSW’s passenger and freight customers and a commitment to elevate technology solutions, we will be monitoring and evaluating each of our priority programs to ensure the people of NSW experience the benefits and reap improved community, economic and environmental benefits.
Transport takes an outcomes-based approach to prioritising, investing, monitoring and measuring its work. Already, technology programs contribute to Transport’s measures of success:
- NSW has one of the safest transport ecosystems in the world.
- Customers are delighted with the mobility choices across all locations.
- Increased public transport, walking and cycling.
- Transport solutions make places more liveable and sustainable.
- Strong reputation for engagement, innovation and delivery.
- Transport solutions contribute to the NSW economic and productivity growth.
- Investments are prioritised by outcomes and deliver strong economic returns.
- Transport is a great place to work.
- We have one of the safest workplaces.
We will evaluate the successful delivery of Future Transport Technology Roadmap 2021-2024 programs against the Transport measures above, as well as against technology-specific measures. The technology measures will be focussed on tracking the delivery of projects, the rate of technology uptake and usage by our customers, and customer satisfaction. with their use.
Based on the experience with recent technology projects, we expect strong results with the delivery, uptake and usage of projects, but are prepared to be agile to any changes that might be needed to achieve success. This approach keeps customer outcomes at the centre of our work.
To match our ambitious vision, we will aim for top-three global standing in international indices for future mobility and technology innovation, including UITP’s Urban Mobility Innovation Index which evaluates progress on urban mobility and innovation in cities across the world.
We will also share our progress with customers, communities and our partners by publishing progress updates on our Future Transport Technology site. This includes an interactive project map and a searchable map and list of technology, infrastructure and services projects in the one location.