Thriving people doing meaningful work
Our Transport team have strong capabilities in collaboration, co-design, development and delivery of innovative technologies at all scales, from pilots and proofs of concept, to scaled procurement and deployment.
Transport is making important changes to the way it works and is setting up to deliver on the outcomes in the 10 Year Blueprint and Future Transport 2056. We will do this by:
- Keeping our people safe: embedding consistent, best practice safety processes and systems across Transport.
- Evolving how, when and where we work: equipping our people with the tools they need to do their job and build people and capability for now and the future.
- Working smarter: establishing ways of working that promote collaboration, agility, efficiency, diversity of perspectives, and empowerment.
- Growing capabilities and careers: fostering the right plans, career pathways and learning opportunities for our people.
- Creating great people experience: ensuring everyone is engaged in the work they do.
- Building our workforce diversity: removing barriers and creating opportunities to help people reach their full potential.
We are investing in our teams’ workforce skills and capabilities to enable a successful transition to our future vision, and collaborating with industry, government agencies, community and research partners to do so. This includes exciting career opportunities in the use of more workplace technologies, collaborative project development and delivery through co-design and agile approaches, and use of digital engineering processes.
We also engage our staff in innovation processes, such as our Bright Ideas: Pitch to the Panel program, which enables Transport staff to pitch their ideas to achieve better outcomes for customers. The best ideas are then selected and staff work with industry partners and Transport experts to develop their ideas to delivery, supported by a mentor. Several valuable solutions identified by staff have been funded and developed to deliver customer benefits, with the program extended to run annually in 2021 and 2022.
We are also using data analytics, new technologies and partnerships to deliver on Transport’s long-term strategies. These programs are built on our six main technology toolkit capabilities, outlined in section 5, which work together to deliver integrated solutions for customers.