Way Out West
24 - 30 September 2022
Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
Way Out West (WOW) is a fun-filled Festival for children and young people up to 15 years old and their families in Liverpool and beyond.
Part of the Festival of Place, WOW delivered a wide range of arts, cultural events and activities suitable for children, young people, families, and people of all abilities. The WOW Festival took over all Casula Powerhouse public spaces, creating a fully immersive and engaging experience. The festival expanded into the surrounding 22 hectares of riverbank and parklands and linked to the wider precinct.
Running for 7 days from 24 – 30 September it was bursting with live performances, free all-day drop-in events, interactive installations, incredible outdoor adventures, and wondrous workshops with a strong focus on sustainability, community, and play.
The program inspired, and encouraged children, young people and their families to explore and truly love the place they live.
- Liverpool Library presented a free pop-up library.
- Youth market for young local artists on the opening weekend.
- Early learning centres decorated the river walk with recycled artworks.
- Liverpool Street University took over the final day and announced the final Australian qualifier of the world breakdancing championships.
For more information:
- Visit the WOW website
- Download the event program