Access to public and government information
Lawyers (information for accident claims)
Lawyers may be able to apply for CTP Insurer, vehicle and driver information in connection with vehicle or vessel accident claims as stated in our Privacy Statement. Refer to Motor vehicle and vessel accidents for more information.
Lawyers - Accident Info (Ad Hoc Manual Requests)
- Form 1046 - Request for Information by Solicitor - Vehicle Accidents/Incidents (PDF, 317.49 KB)
- Form 1757 - Request for Information by Solicitor - Vessel Accidents (PDF, 310.54 KB)
- Form 5660 - Solicitor Online Information Request System - Access Application and terms (PDF, 227.94 KB)
- Form 5661 - Solicitor Online Information Request System - Account Extension and Password reset (PDF, 215.52 KB)
- Form 5663 - Solicitor Online Information Request System - Change notification (PDF, 200.47 KB)
Bankruptcy Trustees and Company Liquidator/Receivers/Administrators
Company Liquidators, Receivers and Administrators may be able to obtain information to assist with their responsibilities under the Corporations Act 2001 for the administration of companies under external administration using the application forms listed below. Similarly, Bankruptcy Trustees may apply for information to assist with their responsibilities under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 using the relevant forms below.
- Form 5632 - Vehicle Ownership/Sale Search for Liquidators, Administrators and Receivers (PDF, 612.53 KB)
- Form 5633 - Vehicle Buyer Search for Liquidators, Administrators and Receivers (PDF, 612.53 KB)
- Form 5635 - Vessel Ownership/Sale Search for Liquidators, Administrators and Receivers (PDF, 592.69 KB)
- Form 5636 - Vessel Buyer Search for Liquidators, Administrators and Receivers (PDF, 612.53 KB)
- Form 5656 - Bankruptcy Vehicle Ownership Search (PDF, 197.63 KB)
- Form 5657 - Bankruptcy Vehicle Buyer Search (PDF, 209.64 KB)
- Form 5658 - Bankruptcy Vessel Ownership Search (PDF, 197.63 KB)
- Form 5659 - Bankruptcy Vessel Buyer Search (PDF, 208.79 KB)
Deceased Estates (information for executors)
Transport for NSW may release information about vehicle and vessel ownership of deceased customers to the Executor named in a Will or the Administrator of the Estate using the following forms:
- Form 5672 - Vehicle Ownership Search – Deceased Estate (PDF, 303.13 KB)
- Form 5673 - Vessel Ownership Search – Deceased Estate (PDF, 300.83 KB)
Police and Government Agencies for Law Enforcement
Transport for NSW may release information to Police and other government agencies for law enforcement purposes under sections 23(5) and 24(4) of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Applicants must be government agencies and must use the Forms listed below.
Government agencies seeking to serve a Statutory Demand Notice compelling the release of information are requested to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to agree the scope of the Notice before it is issued.
- Form 5279 – Driver, vehicle and vessel owner information (PDF, 297.23 KB)
- Form 5376 – Vehicle owner information for parking offences (PDF, 728.21 KB)
- Form 5467 - Camera Images and Vehicle Sighting Location Information (PDF, 318.14 KB)
- Form 5631 - Toll Camera Images and e-Tag account information (PDF, 672 KB)
- Form 5354 – NSW Police Request for Photo for Administration of Security Industry Act 1997 (PDF, 249.73 KB)
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) provides members of the public with a right of access to government information. The GIPA Act replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (FOI).
Under the GIPA Act, each NSW Government department and agency is required to publish an Agency Information Guide.
The Information Guide provides an overview of:
- The agency’s structure and functions.
- The way in which our functions affect members of the public.
- How members of the public can participate in policy formulation and provide feedback.
- The kinds of information we hold.
- Information we make publicly available.
Applying for access to government information
Find out how to apply for access to government information under the GIPA Act.