Banksia Station Upgrade
The NSW Government has improved accessibility at Banksia Station.
The upgrade was delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
The project was completed in 2022.
The Banksia Station Upgrade provides a station precinct accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- three new lifts to the station platforms
- improvements to the existing underpass
- new kiss and ride area and accessible parking space on Hattersley Street
- upgrades to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage
- modification of the existing station building on Platform 2 and 3 to provide unisex ambulant toilets and a family accessible toilet
- regrading sections of the platforms
- additional platform canopy coverage on platforms 2, 3 and 4.
The Banksia Station Upgrade is complete. Please see the latest Community Notification below for further information.
Please visit the Banksia Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.