Birrong Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Birrong Station is part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
As part of the program, the Birrong Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- A new lift connecting the Avalon Street over bridge with the station platform
- new stairs to replace the existing Avalon Street over bridge stairs to the station platform
- one new accessible parking space on Teresa Street
- improved kiss and ride area on Teresa Street
- new landscaping at the station entrances
- improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilet, and an upgraded family accessible toilet
- improved CCTV, lighting and wayfinding.
Construction of the Birrong Startion Upgrade is now underway. Please see the latest Community Notification for further information.
Keep in Touch
If you would like to receive further information or project updates, please register to join the Birrong Station Upgrade distribution list by calling the Project Information Line on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Birrong Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Community Notification September 2020 (PDF, 643.22 KB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Community Notification August 2020 (PDF, 642.73 KB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Community Notification July 2020 (PDF, 348.53 KB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Planning Approval June 2020 (PDF, 674 KB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Community Notification May 2020 (PDF, 138.86 KB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Have your Say December 2019 (PDF, 1.69 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Determination Report 2020 (PDF, 3.19 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Addendum Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 4.51 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, December 2019 (PDF, 9.21 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Biodiversity Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 1.44 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 6.63 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 4.62 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 12.49 MB)
Transport for NSW has approved the Birrong Station Upgrade project. The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between 4 December and 18 December 2019, and preparation of a Determination Report.
The project received 18 submissions in response to the project’s REF. Each submission was considered by the project team and responded to in a Determination Report.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their feedback during the planning process.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.