Birrong Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Birrong Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
As part of the program, the Birrong Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- A new pedestrian footbridge on Rodd Street to provide access over the rail corridor
- A new lift connecting the new pedestrian footbridge with the station platform
- Two accessible parking spaces
- Improved kiss and ride area
- Landscaping at station entrances
- Improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilet, CCTV, lighting and wayfinding.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) is a planning document outlining the proposed works, potential impacts and mitigation measures.
The document includes comprehensives assessments on the existing environment and expected impacts of the project on the following areas: Traffic and Transport, Biodiversity, Visual Impact and Noise and Vibration.
The REF was on public display from Wednesday 4 December 2019 until Wednesday 18 December 2019.
The community was invited to submit feedback on the proposed station design during this period.
Feedback received during this period will assist Transport for NSW in understanding what is important to customers, and will be considered by the project team when developing the design for the project.
All submissions received during the public display will be considered as part of the planning approval process and addressed in a Determination Report. The Determination Report will be available in early 2020, and will respond to key themes from the feedback received, details regarding any changes to the scope, and next steps with the project.
Keep in Touch
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Birrong Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, December 2019 (PDF, 9.21 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Biodiversity Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 1.44 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 6.63 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 4.62 MB)
- Birrong Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 12.49 MB)
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.