Dapto Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Dapto Station.
This upgrade is part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
As part of the program, the Unanderra Station Upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in late 2023.*
- updating the level crossing pedestrian zone
- upgrading kerbs and ramps
- installing a formal kiss and ride zone
- upgrading bathrooms with ambulant toilet in both male and female bathrooms
- upgrading footpaths
- re-levelling platform 2 in front of the station building
- widening Platform 1 and installing a new canopy cover
- installing a new water bubbler on platform 2
- upgrading the waiting room, including installing accessible seating
- installing new seating throughout the station
- installing new wayfinding signage
Construction is underway at Dapto Station.
Thank you to the stakeholders and members of the community who shared their experiences of accessibility.
We considered all feedback as we developed detailed designs for the upgrade. You can read the community engagement summary in the Planning documents section below.
Most work will take place during standard construction hours between 7am and 6pm weekdays and 8am and 1pm on Saturdays.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please complete the form below or contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Dapto Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
What else is happening at Dapto Station?
Transport for NSW is also delivering the More Trains, More Services program which will prepare the station for the introduction of the Mariyung fleet. The new 204-metre-long fleet of trains will provide greater comfort and convenience for south coast customers.
Find out more about this program at yoursay.transport.nsw.gov.au/mtms-dapto.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
The community was invited to provide insight and feedback on the proposed accessibility upgrades at Dapto Station from 5 October - 31 October 2021.
Feedback assisted the project team to develop designs for the upgrade.
The project team would like to thank all who provided feedback.