Denistone Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Denistone Station.
The upgrade at Denistone Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents and carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2023*.
- two new lifts connecting the station concourse to the station platforms
- new canopies and new benches at the boarding assistance zones on both platforms
- upgrades to both platform surfaces including the waiting rooms to provide accessible paths from the new lifts to the boarding assistance zones and station amenities
- upgrade the existing stairs on both platforms with new compliant handrails
- new family accessible toilet and new unisex ambulant toilet within the existing station building on Platform 1 and 2
- reinstate the heritage awning at the station entrance
- new kiss and ride bay and a new bench next to the existing school service bus stop on Gordon Crescent
- one new accessible parking space in the commuter car park on Gordon Crescent with new line marking
- relocate the existing bike racks in the Gordon Crescent car park
- relocate or replace existing Opal readers, drinking fountain, vending machine and seating
- upgrade the footpaths and ramp access between the station entrance and the existing car park on Gordon Crescent and regrade the pathways throughout the station precinct for accessibility
- improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding.
Planning approval has been received for the Denistone Station Upgrade.
This follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors between 3 and 17 December 2021 and the preparation of a Determination Report (PDF, 1.95 MB).
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during this time. All submissions received were considered as part of the planning process and have been addressed in the Determination Report.
Construction of Denistone Station Upgrade will begin in March 2022. Please see the latest Community Notification for further information.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive further information or project updates, please register to join the Denistone Station Upgrade distribution list by calling 1800 684 490 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Denistone Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update December 2022 (PDF, 396.54 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update October 2022 (PDF, 514.56 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update August 2022 (PDF, 473.86 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update July 2022 (PDF, 441.09 KB)
- Deniston Station Upgrade - project update June 2022 (PDF, 507.09 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade – project update, April 2022 (PDF, 547.87 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade – community notification - start of work, March 2022 (PDF, 282.68 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update, December 2021 (PDF, 354.11 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - Have Your Say notification, December 2021 (PDF, 969.45 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update, October 2021 (PDF, 345.76 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - project update, September 2021 (PDF, 563.82 KB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade – Determination Report - March 2022 (PDF, 1.95 MB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, December 2021 (PDF, 12.02 MB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - Environmental Noise and Vibration Assessment (PDF, 12.81 MB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade – Arboricutural Impact Report (PDF, 5.66 MB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 11.61 MB)
- Denistone Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 9.64 MB)
Planning approval has been received for the Denistone Station Upgrade. Construction began in March 2022.