Fairy Meadow Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Fairy Meadow Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be complete by late 2020*.
The project aims to provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The upgrade is proposed to include:
- two new lifts
- family accessible and ambulant toilets
- new kiss and ride bay
- upgrades to station pathways and ramps
- upgrades to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding
- removal of existing track level crossing
Work activities in August and September will include:
- construction of new elevated access walkway on Platforms 1 and 2
- fitout of lifts
- footpaths, pavements and ramp work around the station
- upgrading public amenities in the station building on Platform 1
- resurfacing of the commuter car park and footpaths at the end of Rann Street
- installation of boarding assistance zones on Platforms 1 and 2
- fencing and landscaping around the station
- installing lighting and CCTV around the station.
Removal of the pedestrian level crossing
From Monday 10 August the pedestrian level crossing will be permanently closed and there will be temporary changes to station access.
For up to ten weeks, the access to Platform 1 is via the Elliots Road stairs only and a new lift is anticipated to be opened to customers in mid October.
Access to Platform 2 will be maintained via the ramp next to the commuter car park and the stairs from Elliotts Road bridge.
Please contact us prior to your travels if you are unable to access the station via the stairs during this period. Transportation to the nearest accessible station will be arranged.
For more information on our work activities, please see the Community Notifications below for updates.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line
on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Fairy Meadow Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification - August 2020 (PDF, 801.77 KB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification - May/June 2020 (PDF, 1.13 MB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification - Revised construction hours due to COVID-19 (PDF, 128 KB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification - April/May 2020 (PDF, 1.03 MB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification - February/March 2020 (PDF, 660.92 KB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification - December 2019 (PDF, 927.12 KB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification November / December 2019 (PDF, 1.23 MB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification August 2019 (PDF, 1.12 MB)
- Fairy Meadow Community Notification April 2019 (PDF, 1.58 MB)
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.