Gocup Road upgrade
Transport for NSW has delivered a $70 million upgrade of Gocup Road.
The upgrade’s specific aims were to:
- support more efficient high productivity vehicle access
- provide a safer road environment to reduce the frequency and severity of crashes for all vehicles
- support current and future freight vehicle needs and provide a good level of service with minimal maintenance costs
- be sensitive to the area’s natural environment, heritage and local communities.
The upgrade was delivered progressively as a series of separate projects over five years to minimise the disruption to road users.
The improvements have included widening the road, strengthening the road surface, straightening curves, improving drainage, new overtaking lanes and adding safety barriers.
Completed sections of work:
- $1.5 million of shoulder widening, drainage improvements and safety barrier installation along a three kilometre section, 22 kilometres north of Tumut, completed in June 2019.
- $44 million project to build a new 5.4-kilometre section through Doctors Hill and Halfway Hill. This work was completed by RMS contractor, Ertech Pty Ltd in April 2019 and provides an improved alignment, two overtaking lanes, widened road shoulders, safety barriers and two permanent bus stops.
- $3 million of shoulder widening, drainage improvements and safety barrier installation along a five kilometre section immediately north of Tumut, completed in March 2019
- $4 million of road widening and strengthening work, as well as a number of safety improvements, was completed along a 1.8 kilometre stretch of Gocup Road at Stuckeys Creek
- $7.4 million of road widening and strengthening work at Smarts Road, including significant safety improvements throughout the project length, completed in December
- $2 million of road widening and strengthening work, including improvement of the curve at Quidong Corner, was completed in June 2016
- $2.8 million of road widening and realignment on a three kilometre section at Minjary Creek and a location called Quidong 90, completed in June 2015
- $5 million of road widening, realignment and intersection improvements, three kilometres south of Gundagai near the abattoir, completed in May 2015
- $1.4 million of work to widen and rebuild a 660 metre section south of Meadow Creek, completed in May 2014
- $2.5 million of road widening on a 1.5 kilometre section of road at Meadow Creek, completed in 2012
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
Review of Environmental Factors
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 13 17 82
Mail: Transport for NSW, PO Box 484, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650