Junee Station Upgrade
The NSW Government has improved accessibility at Junee Station.
This upgrade was part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative of the NSW Government to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
As part of the program, the Junee Station Upgrade provided a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project was completed in mid 2022 and officially opened in October 2022.
- improved station forecourt with the creation of a formalised bus/coach stop and kiss and ride bay on Railway Square
- upgraded existing accessible parking space
- upgraded paths, curbs and ramps around the station entrance
- repaired and restored heritage aspects of the station building including doors and flooring
- upgraded accessible bathrooms and added an ambulant toilet to both male and female bathrooms
- resurfaced parts of the platform and created a boarding assistance zone.
The Junee Station Upgrade is now complete. Customers are able to use the new and improved accessibility features.
Please visit the Junee Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
Community Consultation Summary
The concept design for the Junee Station Upgrade was on public display from Monday 14 June - Monday 28 June 2021. During this time, the community was invited to provide feedback.
Feedback received during this period assisted Transport for NSW in further developing the design of the project.
The project team would like to thank the community for their feedback.