Kiama Harbour revitalisation
The NSW Government is working with communities and key stakeholders to develop a vision for the revitalisation of Kiama Harbour to support the local community, tourism, and regional development.
Nov 2021 - Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Action Plan
Transport for NSW would like to thank everyone who provided feedback during the consultation period on the draft Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Action Plan.
We received 35 submissions, many of which acknowledged that the key concerns around loss of parking at the rockpool and relocating the existing boat ramp were addressed.
The final Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Action Plan (PDF, 7.2Mb) identifies opportunities for future projects to uplift the Harbour. Transport for NSW encourages applications for grant funding from programs such as Boating Now to help realise the opportunities in the Action Plan.
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) in partnership with Kiama Municipal Council, Government Architect NSW (GANSW), and key stakeholders are delivering an Action Plan to guide future investment to revitalise Kiama Harbour.
The initiatives developed in the Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Action Plan will align with other maritime infrastructure improvement priorities, such as those described in the Maritime Infrastructure Plan 2018, South Coast Marine Tourism Strategy 2019 and Kiama Municipal Council’s Kiama Regional Economic Development Strategy 2018-2022. The Kiama Harbour Master Plan 2014 was also used as a reference document for this Action Plan.
This proposal provides an opportunity for Transport for NSW (TfNSW) to pilot a new approach to planning for the sustainable renewal of regional harbours.
The objectives of the Action Plan
- Determine potential infrastructure enhancements to improve outcomes for recreational and commercial vessel operators.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the connectivity of the harbour precinct to the Kiama town centre.
- Place the community at the centre of the vision making process.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Action Plan 2021
- Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Strategic Framework Consultation Summary August 2021
- Draft Kiama Harbour Revitalisation Strategic Framework 2021
- Maritime Infrastructure Plan 2018
- South Coast Marine Tourism Strategy 2019
- Kiama Regional Economic Development Strategy 2018-2022
- 24 August 2021
Kiama Harbour plan simplified with community input.
- 20 January 2021
Kiama Harbour leads the way in new place-based approach for regional harbours.
For further information about this project, please contact: