Notifications - Notifications - West Region Projects
Transport for NSW will carry out the work, which includes repairing and replacing of the road surface.
To minimise the impact on motorists we will be working between 7pm and 5am from Sunday to Thursday.
We will let you know in advance if we need to do any work outside these times.
Works will start from 2 May and are expected to take approximately one month to complete, weather permitting.
- 2 May: Havannah Street/ Great Western Highway intersection west bound lanes. (Site 6)
- 3 May – 4 May: Bentinck Street/ Great Western Highway intersection west bound lane. (Site 2)
- 9 May - 10 May: George Street/ Great Western Highway intersection upgrade (Site 3)
- 11 May – 12 May: Rankin Street/ Great Western Highway west bound lanes. (Site 4)
- 15 May- 16 May: Keppel Street/ Great Western Highway intersection. (Site 5)
- 17 May -18 May: Ashworth Drive/ Great Western Highway roundabout. (Site 8)
- 19 May – 23 May: Littlebourne Street/ Great Western Highway roundabout. (Site 7)
- 24 May- 31 May: Bentinck Street from Keppel Street to Rocket Street – light vehicles will use a local detour; heavy vehicles will detour via Havannah Street. (Site 1)
We have included a map to show the location of the work.
How will the work affect you?
Our work may be noisy but every effort will be made to minimise impacts on residents and businesses.
Only low noise reverse alarms will be used on trucks. Vehicles and machinery will be switched off when not in use.
There will be parking restrictions for each stage of the work to accommodate work vehicles.
There will be some temporary traffic changes to ensure the work zone is safe.
The work has been scheduled at night time to minimise traffic disruptions.
Lane closures and a 40km/h speed limit will be in place during work hours and may affect travel times.
Motorists should allow up to 5 minutes extra travel time during this work.
For the latest traffic updates, you can call 132 701, visit livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW App.
If you have any questions, please contact the project team on 1800 167 499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our projects, visit nswroads.work/westregion
Thank you for your patience during this important work.