Schofields Commuter Car Park
Transport for NSW will be delivering additional commuter parking at Schofields.
The project is part of the NSW Government’s Commuter Car Park Program, providing you with more convenient access to public transport at key interchanges and helping to ease congestion on our roads.
The project has received planning approval and major construction of approximately 700 additional spaces is expected to start in the coming months and be open to commuters in mid 2022.
- a new ground level commuter car park with approximately 700 additional parking spaces located on vacant land to the north-west of Schofields Station
- entry and exit to the new car park from Calder Street (off Schofields Road) and Bridge Street
- additional accessible parking spaces
- dedicated motorcycle parking bays
- dedicated pathways connecting to the existing footpath along Bridge Street
- Transport Park&Ride infrastructure (Opal operated boom gates)
- CCTV, lighting, fencing and wayfinding signage for improved safety and security
- landscaping in and around the car park.
Thank you for your feedback
In March 2021 the community was invited to provide feedback on the proposed concept design for the new commuter car park.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback. Your feedback helps us understand what is important to customers and the community and is being considered as part of the detailed design phase of the project.
All feedback received during the consultation period was considered as part of the planning approval process and has been addressed in the Review of Environmental Factors.
- View concept design (PDF, 114.48 KB)
- View Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 15.87 MB)
- View Determination Report (PDF, 885.58 KB)
We have engaged a contractor to design and construct the new commuter car park on behalf of Transport for NSW.
Early work is underway, including geotechnical investigations and surveying, which will inform the design development.
Major construction will commence in the coming months with the new commuter car park expected to be open to commuters in mid 2022.
Keeping you up to date
Transport for NSW will keep the community informed about the project as it progresses.
If you would like to sign up to receive email updates about the project, please call 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Community Notification June 2021 (PDF, 860.41 KB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Community Notification March 2021 (PDF, 3.21 MB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - FAQ December 2020 (PDF, 261.25 KB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Community Notification December 2020 (PDF, 2.64 MB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Community Notification November 2020 (PDF, 2.43 MB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 15.87 MB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Determination Report (PDF, 885.58 KB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 12.12 MB)
- Schofields Commuter Car Park - Traffic Impact Assessment (PDF, 22.38 MB)
In November 2020 the community was invited to provide feedback on a proposed concept design for the new commuter car park at Schofields. As part of community consultation we held a livestream Q&A event. To view the recording of the livestream event click here. You can view the FAQ (PDF, 261.25 KB) with answers to questions we didn't get time to respond to on the day.
In March 2021, Transport for NSW sought community feedback on a revised proposal for the new commuter car park. Following community consultation and the development of a Review of Environmental Factors, the official planning document for the proposal, the project received planning approval in May 2021.