Shovel Ready Infrastructure Investment Program - Pinch Point Programs - Easing Sydney's Congestion Program Office
In June 2020 the Australian Government announced a $1 billion infrastructure stimulus package for Shovel Ready Projects across Australia that can support jobs immediately, in response to economic impacts from COVID-19.
In New South Wales, $240 million has been allocated to the Pinch Point Program, to deliver small scale road improvements to address congestion impacting freight and bus services on the Sydney metropolitan road network.
The projects will include works such as intersection upgrades that will improve existing traffic signals, additional turning lanes and road widening to increase the efficiency of transport services in Sydney, reducing the impacts of congestion and improving capacity for these services.
- Kingsford to Centennial Park walking & cycling
- Bondi Junction Cycleway & Streetscape Upgrade
- Pagewood – Wentworth Avenue and Baker Street Intersection Upgrade
- Ryde – Devlin Street, Blaxland Road and Parkes Street Intersection Upgrade
- Macquarie Park – Herring Road Improvements
- Macquarie Park – Lane Cove Road and Waterloo Road Intersection Upgrade
- Castle Hill – Showground Road and Carrington Road Intersection Upgrade
- Turramurra - Pacific Highway and Finlay Road Intersection Upgrade.