Stage 1 - Campbelltown Road upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading Campbelltown Road between Hume Highway/Camden Valley Way, Casula and Brooks Road, Denham Court. Stage one is underway and Stage two is being planned and designed. The NSW Government is investing $76 million to upgrade Campbelltown Road, between Zouch Road and Ingleburn Gardens Drive, Bardia to improve safety and increase road capacity for future use.
JUL 2020Project Completion
Transport for NSW has now completed Stage 1 of the Campbelltown Road upgrade between East Town Centre Road and Macdonald Road, Bardia.
The NSW Government has invested $76 million to provide a safer, more reliable journey with improved access to Campbelltown Road and increased road capacity to cater for future growth in the South West Growth Area.
- Contractor: Burton Contractors Pty Ltd
- Start date of construction: September 2018
- Completion due: July 2020
- Project value: $76 million
- Funding: NSW Governments Housing Acceleration Fund and Landcom
The Campbelltown Road upgrade will:
- widen Campbelltown Road from one lane each direction to two, with the potential to add a third lane if needed in the future
- improve six intersections along Campbelltown Road by upgrading or installing traffic lights
- build an off-road shared pedestrian/cyclist path
- install designated turning lanes and bicycle and pedestrian crossings at traffic lights.
- Improved safety for motorists by:
- building new intersections with traffic lights to improve traffic flow and road safety
- providing a central median to separate traffic
- providing turning lanes at intersections.
- Improved safety for cyclists and pedestrians by providing an off-road shared path
- Improved travel times
- Access to the Edmondson Park town centre from Campbelltown Road
- Improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney’s south-west.
Work was completed ahead of schedule and has been open to traffic since 23 March 2020.
Road users and pedestrians around the Bardia and Campbelltown area are now experiencing a safer journey, with increased road capacity helping to reducing their travel time. Cyclists and pedestrians have shared pathways on both sides of Campbelltown road and designated crossings at each of the new intersections, making it safer for all road users.
|February 2020 project notification|
Night work and traffic changes on Campbelltown Road, Bardia
|November 2019 project notification|
Night work on Soldiers Parade, Edmondson Park from Monday 25 November.
|October 2019 project notification|
Temporary closure of Soldiers Parade at Campbelltown Road, Edmondson Park.
|July 2019 project notification|
Night work on Campbelltown Road, Bardia from Wednesday 24 July 2019.
|June 2019 project notification|
Extended work hours on Campbelltown Road, Bardia from Saturday 15 June 2019.
|July 2018 project notification|
Start of Work - Campbelltown Road Upgrade at Bardia from Monday 9 July 2018.
|July 2020 project update|
Campbelltown Road upgrade – Stage 1 - Completion of work.
|June 2019 project update|
Campbelltown Road upgrade – Stage 1.
For further information about this project contact:
Phone: 1800 982 142
Mail: Campbelltown Road Upgrade Project Team, Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 973 Parramatta NSW 2124