Taree Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Taree Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be completed by October 2022.
The project will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- a new ramp to the platform
- upgrades to footpaths and walkways between the platform and car park
- upgrade the two existing accessible car spaces
- modifications to the waiting room and ticket counter
- improved amenities including ambulant toilets
- tactile indicators along the platform
- improvements to lighting to increase safety and security
Planning is underway for an accessibility upgrade at Taree Station.
Thank you for your feedback on the concept design which was on public display from Monday 25 October to 8 November 2021.
The community was invited to comment on the project’s concept design (PDF, 553.79 KB), with all responses helping Transport to understand what is important to customers and the community.
What happens next?
All feedback will be considered in the development of the detailed designs. We will be awarding the construction contract in early 2022, with construction to commence soon after. Works are expected to be completed and open to the public by mid-2022*.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Taree Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.