The NSW Freight and Ports Plan 2018-2023 (PDF, 8.04 MB) is a call to action for government and industry to collaborate on clear initiatives and targets to make the NSW freight task more efficient and safe so NSW can continue to move and grow.
The Plan was published in September 2018.
Transport for NSW received 116 submissions during the consultation process from late 2017 to mid-2018.
The Plan has the following key objectives:
- Increased economic growth – by providing confidence and certainty that encourages continued investment in the freight industry
- Increased efficiency, connectivity and access – by improving the efficiency of existing infrastructure and ensuring greater connectivity and access along key freight routes
- Greater freight capacity – by maximising infrastructure investment and increasing land use capacity to accommodate growth
- Improved safety – by creating a safer freight supply chain involving safe networks, safe transport, safe speeds and safe people
- Enhanced sustainability – by developing a sustainable supply chain that delivers benefits to our environment and continued operations into the future
To achieve the objectives, The NSW Government will action the 117 initiatives listed in the Implementation Plan (PDF, 445.23 KB).
We will report our progress on hitting our targets in the Plan’s Freight Performance Dashboard and we have published Strategic Freight Forecasts to assist local government and industry to plan for the growth in freight.
Further datasets are available on the Open Data Hub.
You can also find a copy of the 2013 NSW Freight and Ports Strategy here (PDF, 34.59 MB).