Maritime advisory groups
Agencies under the Transport maritime cluster include:
- Centre for Maritime Safety (CMS) is responsible for developing strategy, policy and the regulatory framework for safety, infrastructure and access. CMS co-ordinates major maritime safety campaigns and manages key stakeholder relations.
- NSW Maritime is responsible for the delivery of regulatory services and infrastructure, providing frontline customer service and stakeholder engagement relating to safety, infrastructure and access.
- Port Authority of NSW is responsible for port strategy, the regulatory framework and governance of freight and passenger shipping and key stakeholder relations.
The goal of the Transport maritime cluster is to work collaboratively and with integrity to develop the best customer focussed safety solutions.
Under the Transport maritime cluster there are several advisory groups including:
- Recreational Vessels Advisory Group
- Commercial Vessels Advisory Group
- Regional Boating Advisory Groups
These Groups all collaborate to make NSW navigable waters safe, accessible and enjoyable. The advisory groups support Transport for NSW provide advice to the Minister.