Erskineville Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Erskineville Station.
The station upgrade is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. The Erskineville Station upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- A new pedestrian crossing and footbridge at Bridge Street, with lift and stairs connecting the new footbridge with station platforms
- A new lift from the existing concourse to Platform 1
- New facilities, including family accessible, and male and female ambulant toilets, and accessible water fountain, bicycle hoops, and canopies at station platforms to provide better weather protection
- A new accessible parking space and kiss and ride spaces on Bridge Street
- Improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage, and upgrades to pedestrian pathways throughout the station precinct
The project is expected to be completed in 2023*.
Construction of Erskineville Station Upgrade is now underway.
Please see the latest Community Notification for further information.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with regular notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive further information or project updates please register to join the Erskineville Station Upgrade distribution list by calling 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Erskineville Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
Between 15 March and 6 April 2021, the community was invited to provide feedback on the Review of Environmental Factors for the station upgrade. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during this time. All submissions received were considered as part of the planning process and have been addressed in the Determination Report. (PDF, 13.06 MB)