Erskineville Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Erskineville Station.
The station upgrade is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. The Erskineville Station upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- A new southern entrance at Bridge Street
- New lifts and stairs
- New canopies at station platforms, to provide better weather protection
- New family accessible, and male and female ambulant toilets
- Upgrades to pedestrian pathways throughout the station precinct
- New kiss and ride spaces
- A new accessible parking space
- New bicycle hoops
- A new accessible water fountain
- A new pedestrian crossing on Bridge Street
- New and upgraded platform tactiles, to help customers with visual impairment
- Improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2023*.
Planning is underway for an accessibility upgrade at Erskineville Station. As part of the planning process, preliminary investigations will be undertaken to help identify what upgrades will be required to make Erskineville Station fully accessible.
Between Monday 15 March and Tuesday 6 April 2021, the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display and the community was invited to provide their feedback.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during this time
Feedback received will be reviewed by the project team and considered as part of the planning approval process.
Should the project proceed, community feedback will be responded to in the Determination Report which will be published on this page. We will keep the community and stakeholders up to date as the project progresses and when the report is available to view.
If you would like to speak to the project team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 684 490.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.