Grafton Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Grafton Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be completed in early 2023.
The project will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- a new accessible ramp between the main entry and platform
- upgrade the main entrance stairs to a pedestrian entry ramp
- relocate taxi bays and existing accessible car spaces
- a new accessible kiss and ride zone in the car park
- modifications to the waiting room and ticket counter
- improved amenities including ambulant toilets
- new tactile indicators along the platform
- improvements to lighting and wayfinding
Construction of Grafton Station Upgrade is now underway and is expected to be completed by early 2023 weather permitting.*
Please see the latest Community Notification for further information.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
Working hours are from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 1pm on Saturday. No work will be carried out on Sundays or on public holidays.
We will notify nearby residents and businesses in advance if we need to work outside these times.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Grafton Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
The concept design was on public display from Monday 25 October to 8 November 2021.
The community was invited to comment on the project’s concept design (PDF, 564.45 KB), with all responses helping Transport to understand what is important to customers and the community.
The concept design that was presented to the community for consultation has remained unchanged and the project team will proceed with construction using the current design.