Leura Station Upgrade
Leura Station has been upgraded to improve accessibility for people with disabilities, limited mobility, parents with prams and tourists with luggage.
- New lift and stairs, a new canopy over the lift, stairs and part of the platform, and upgraded toilet facilities
- Formalised taxi rank on Railway Parade and an accessible path from the station to the taxi rank
- New kiss and ride zone, bicycle facilities and improved lighting and CCTV security surveillance.
On Friday 16 February 2018, the newly upgraded Leura Station was officially opened to the community. Over the next few weeks, the worksite will be fully demobilised following site clean-up activities.
The project team would like to thank the Leura community and Leura Station commuters for their patience and support during both the planning and construction stages of Leura Station Upgrade.
It is a result of the community’s feedback, support, patience and understanding, that the project was completed on time and has delivered the community more accessible, secure and integrated transport infrastructure.
Earlier this year, consultation was undertaken with key local stakeholders and the community to understand community needs and values. This consultation was undertaken through a community information session which was followed up by the public display of the Leura Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors.
- Leura Station Upgrade Determination Report (PDF, 1.41 MB)
- Leura Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors (REF) (PDF, 11.53 MB)
- Leura Station Upgrade REF Appendices A to E (PDF, 9.02 MB)
- Leura Station Upgrade REF Appendix F (PDF, 8.33 MB)
- Leura Station Upgrade REF Appendices G to H (PDF, 7.93 MB)