Pymble Station Upgrade
The NSW Government has improved accessibility at Pymble Station.
The upgrade was delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport passengers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
- three new lifts to connect Pacific Highway, Grandview Street and the station platforms to the existing footbridge
- a new forecourt on the Pacific Highway side, connecting the existing footpath and bus stop to the new lift
- improvements to accessible parking spaces near the Pacific Highway lift entrance
- improvements to amenities including a new family accessible toilet and a unisex ambulant toilet
- footpath upgrades on Grandview Street
- new handrails and treads on stairs where required
- additional CCTV and lighting.
Pymble Station Upgrade is now complete and the station is fully accessible, allowing for safer, easier and more convenient travel for all passengers.
Passengers are able to use the station’s three new lifts and improved accessibility features.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the upgrade work.
Planning approval has been granted for the Pymble Station Upgrade.
The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between 2 and 16 December 2020, and preparation of a Determination Report.
The project received 35 submissions in response to the project’s REF. Each submission was considered by the project team and responded to in a Determination Report.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their feedback during the planning process.
From Tuesday 29 September to 7 October 2020, the community was invited to provide feedback on the concept design.
Key themes which emerged during consultation were:
- support for the project
- requests to preserve the character of the station
- requests for additional lighting and CCTV to increase customer safety
- requests to reconsider finishes and scale of new lift shafts
- provision of additional commuter car parking
Please visit the Pymble Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.