Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct Renewal
The NSW Government is transforming one of the most well-connected areas, the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct, into a great new place for Sydney.
Joining together transport, education, health and creative destinations, the new precinct will build on the area’s rich history, integrating with existing communities.
Development in the precinct will create the jobs of the future, provide housing and enable new places for people to socialise.
We aim to create a place that celebrates the rich industrial, cultural, Aboriginal and creative roots of the precinct and where everyone will feel welcome both day and night.
- Supporting the delivery of Australia’s biggest technology and innovation hub between Central and Eveleigh known as Tech Central
- Opening up the precinct for the first time in about one hundred years and improving connections in the precinct and to surrounding areas
- Creating high quality office space to support the jobs of the future
- Respecting the rich Aboriginal and industrial heritage of the precinct
- Providing new public spaces and places to socialise
- Upgrading Redfern Station, including a new southern concourse, to improve accessibility and connections to key destinations in the area
Redfern North Eveleigh will be a key part of Tech Central, hosting creative and tech businesses that will provide the jobs of the future. The growth of the knowledge economy in this area will generate economic, environmental and social benefits both locally and across NSW.
Planning for the renewal
After engaging with government agencies, stakeholders and the community, the first step in the planning process, the Strategic Vision Framework, will set the vision and guide future development by establishing design principles and looking at opportunities for urban renewal on the site.
Online community workshop
Transport for NSW is seeking community input into the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct’s draft Strategic Vision Framework. Upcoming online community workshops will allow the community to hear more about the refreshed focus on the precinct and provide their input into the principles that will guide the development of the precinct’s vision.
To register for an online workshop, visit rne.eventbrite.com.au and select one of the following sessions:
- Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday, 8 October 2020 at 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Have your say and help shape the vision for the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct by completing the online survey by Sunday 4 October.
For more information about the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct renewal, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 684 490.