Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct Renewal
The NSW Government is transforming one of the most well-connected areas, the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct, into a great new place for Sydney.
Joining together transport, education, health and creative destinations, the new precinct will build on the area’s rich history, integrating with existing communities.
Development in the precinct will create the jobs of the future, provide housing and enable new places for people to socialise.
We aim to create a place that celebrates the rich industrial, cultural, Aboriginal and creative roots of the precinct and where everyone will feel welcome both day and night.
- Supporting the delivery of Australia’s biggest technology and innovation hub between Central and Eveleigh known as Tech Central
- Opening up the precinct for the first time in about one hundred years and improving connections in the precinct and to surrounding areas
- Creating high quality office space to support the jobs of the future
- Respecting the rich Aboriginal and industrial heritage of the precinct
- Providing new public spaces and places to socialise
- Upgrading Redfern Station, including a new southern concourse, to improve accessibility and connections to key destinations in the area
Redfern North Eveleigh will be a key part of Tech Central, hosting creative and tech businesses that will provide the jobs of the future. The growth of the knowledge economy in this area will generate economic, environmental and social benefits both locally and across NSW.
Planning for the renewal
Transport for NSW is leading the renewal of the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct, working closely with the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment and is in the early stages of planning.
The Precinct’s Strategic Framework is the first step in the planning process, and it will set the Precinct’s vision and guide future development. It is being developed following consultation with local stakeholders and the community.
In September and October 2020, online community workshops were held to seek input into the principles that will be included in the Strategic Framework. Responses to questions asked during the sessions can be found at Community workshop Q&A (PDF, 128.5 KB).
Thank you to everyone who has shared their ideas for what a renewed Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct could look like. We will keep the community up to date when the Strategic Framework is publically available for comment.
Stay informed on the renewal of the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct by joining our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak to the project team, email email@example.com or call 1800 684 490.