Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct Renewal
The NSW Government is transforming one of the most well-connected areas, the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct, into a great new place for Sydney.
Development in the Precinct will enable the jobs of the future, provide housing, and create new open spaces and places for people to socialise.
We aim to create a place that celebrates the rich industrial, Aboriginal and creative roots of the Precinct and where everyone feels welcome both day and night.
- Providing a mixed-use Precinct, with housing, offices, new open spaces and places to socialise
- Supporting the delivery of Australia’s biggest technology and innovation hub between Central and Eveleigh known as Tech Central, enabling high quality office space to support the jobs of the future
- Respecting the rich Aboriginal and industrial heritage of the precinct
- Opening up the Precinct for the first time in about one hundred years and improving connections in the Precinct and to surrounding areas
- Upgrading Redfern Station, including a new southern concourse, to improve accessibility and connections to key destinations in the area.
Planning for the renewal
Transport for NSW has prepared a Strategic Vision (PDF, 12.05 MB) to guide the renewal of the Precinct. Stakeholders and the community have helped shape this important planning document and will continue to help shape the future of the Precinct.
Public display of the Strategic Vision closed Friday 23 April. A Response to Submissions document is being prepared to summarise the feedback received and will be shared publicly when complete.
These submissions will be considered in the next round of detailed planning and design of the renewed Precinct. If you would like to speak to the project team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 684 490.
Community information sessions - held online on Thursday 18 March
Thank you to everyone that participated in the Strategic Vision livestream event. The project team enjoyed speaking with community and hearing ideas and key themes for the renewal. A copy of the event is now available to watch.
Next steps in the planning process
The Precinct is part of a declared State Significant Precinct (SSP) and the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces is the consent authority for major development proposals.
TfNSW is undertaking a SSP Study, which involves a range of technical studies, such as heritage, transport and environment as outlined in the SSP Study requirements. This study will inform any changes to the current controls as part of a rezoning process.
When completed, the SSP Study will be placed on public exhibition to allow the community an opportunity to comment. Feedback received will be considered as part of the formal assessment process prior to finalising the rezoning.
Stay informed on the renewal of the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct by joining our mailing list at email@example.com.
If you would like to speak to the project team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 684 490.
Where is Redfern North Eveleigh?