Rooty Hill Station Upgrade and Commuter Car Park
The NSW Government improved accessibility and commuter parking at Rooty Hill Station.
- Four new lifts and a family accessible toilet on the platforms, a new pedestrian footbridge and stairs, and larger platform canopies for better shelter from the weather
- New six-storey car park providing more commuter parking spaces for customers including electric vehicle charging spaces, a rooftop solar system with 1140 solar panels, and a pedestrian link between the car park and Rooty Hill Station
- Upgraded family accessible toilets on each platform to improve the travel experience for all customers at Rooty Hill Station
- New accessible pedestrian links and crossings to the station and bus stops, new accessible parking spaces and bicycle racks
- Upgrades to CCTV and lighting for improve safety and security
Transport for NSW has completed its upgrade of Rooty Hill Station to make it more user-friendly and easier for customers to access.
A new six-storey commuter car park opened in January 2020, offering Rooty Hill commuters access to approximately 750 new car spaces, including 10 dedicated electric vehicle spaces, 16 accessible spaces and 10 motorcycle spaces.
This video shows how to operate the electric vehicle charging facility, located on level 4 of the new commuter car park.
The Rooty Hill Station Upgrade is now complete. Customers are able to use the station's new and improved accessibility features. Rooty Hill Station is now accessible, allowing for safer, easier and more convenient travel for all customers.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the Rooty Hill Station upgrade.
Over the next month, you may notice ongoing finishing work around the station.
Please visit the Rooty Hill Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Addendum Review of Environmental Factors Determination Report (PDF, 1.33 MB)
- Addendum Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 2.64 MB)
- Determination Report (PDF, 1.22 MB)
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) (PDF, 13.21 MB)
- Ecological Assessment (PDF, 8.25 MB)
- Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 18.39 MB)
- Traffic Transport and Access Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.23 MB)
- Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 11.34 MB)
- Noise and Vibration Assessment (PDF, 11.24 MB)