Rooty Hill Station Upgrade and Commuter Car Park
The NSW Government is improving accessibility and commuter parking at Rooty Hill Station.
- Four new lifts and a family accessible toilet on the platforms, a new pedestrian footbridge and stairs, and larger platform canopies for better shelter from the weather
- New six storey car park providing more commuter parking spaces for customers, a pedestrian link between the car park and Rooty Hill Station
- New accessible pedestrian links and crossings to the station and bus stops, new accessible parking spaces and bicycle racks
- Upgrades to CCTV and lighting for improve safety and security
The final stages of the Rooty Hill Station Upgrade and Commuter Car Park are underway, with new features progressively opening for use by the community and customers.
The new six-storey commuter car park has opened, offering Rooty Hill commuters access to approximately 750 new car spaces, including 10 dedicated electric vehicle spaces, 16 accessible spaces and 10 motorcycle spaces.
The time lapse below shows our construction crew installing the new stairs, pedestrian footbridge and lift shafts.
The station upgrade is nearing completion, with the four new station lifts expected to open in the coming months.
Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm, and Saturdays 8am to 1pm.
Some concrete pours might extend past standard work hours. In these situations, contingency measures will be in place and construction noise will be kept to a minimum.
To ensure the safety of workers, pedestrians and motorists, some weekend work will be required in January during a scheduled Sydney Trains trackwork period, where no trains will be running.
This work will take place from 4am, Saturday 18 January until 12am, Monday 20 January.
Rooty Hill Station will be closed, however the footbridge will remain open to pedestrians to allow access between the south and north side of the station.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on
1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line
on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Rooty Hill Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Rooty Hill Community Notification January 2020 (PDF, 438.8 KB)
- Rooty Hill Electric Vehicle Charging Fact Sheet January 2020 (PDF, 381.98 KB)
- Rooty Hill Community Notification December 2019 (PDF, 537.93 KB)
- Rooty Hill Community Notification November 2019 (PDF, 791.36 KB)
- Rooty Hill Community Notification October 2019 (PDF, 432.04 KB)
- Addendum Review of Environmental Factors Determination Report (PDF, 1.33 MB)
- Addendum Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 2.64 MB)
- Determination Report (PDF, 1.22 MB)
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) (PDF, 13.21 MB)
- Ecological Assessment (PDF, 8.25 MB)
- Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 18.39 MB)
- Traffic Transport and Access Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.23 MB)
- Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 11.34 MB)
- Noise and Vibration Assessment (PDF, 11.24 MB)