Stage 1 - Bringelly Road upgrade
Motorists and pedestrians will benefit from safer travel on Bringelly Road as Transport for NSW continues work on the Bringelly Road stage 1 upgrade.
Nov 2018 - Traffic changes
As part of the Bringelly Road upgrade Stage 1, there will be traffic changes on Bringelly Road at Rossmore from Tuesday 13 November.
Day and night and work will take place to complete the final layer of asphalt and line markings, with traffic moved onto the final alignment and traffic lights operational from 5am Tuesday 13 November 2018, weather permitting.
For more information please see our continued work notification (PDF, 474Kb).
To learn more about this project, view our interactive portal for more information.
- Contractor: BMD Constructions
- Start date of major construction: January 2015
- Expected completion date: late 2018
- Bringelly Road project value (two stages): $509 million
- Funding: Australian and NSW governments
Transport for NSW is delivering the $509 million Bringelly Road upgrade in two stages. Stage 1 is from Camden Valley Way, Leppington to King Street, Rossmore. Stage 2 is from King Street, Rossmore to The Northern Road, Bringelly.
The first 5.7 kilometre Bringelly Road upgrade will widen the road to a six lane divided road between the eastern side of Upper Canal bridge and the western side of the Eastwood Road intersection, through the future Leppington Town Centre. The rest of Bringelly Road will also be upgraded from two lanes to a four lane divided road with a central median, which would allow for widening to six lanes, when required.
The key benefits of the project are:
- increased capacity for traffic growth and improved travel times in the future
- improved safety for motorists
- improved safety for cyclists and pedestrians
- better bus priority and facilities
- improved access to the proposed Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek, the new Leppington Railway Station and the M5 and M7 motorways
- improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney’s south-west
- access to the future South West Growth Centre precincts along Bringelly Road
- improved street lighting at the Camden Valley Way intersection
- landscaping consistent with other main road upgrades.
The key features of the project include:
- widening Bringelly Road to a six lane divided road between the eastern side of Upper Canal bridge and the western side of Eastwood Road. The rest of Bringelly Road will also be upgraded to a four lane divided road with a central median, which would allow for widening to six lanes in the future
- a speed limit of 80 km/h
- a three metre wide off road shared pedestrian and cyclist path with crossings at traffic lights to improve safety
- designated turning lanes at traffic lights along with bus priority and indented bus bays on both sides of Bringelly Road
- temporary U-turn facilities opposite traffic lights at the upgraded intersections of Eastwood Road and King Street
- the existing noise wall on Cowpasture Road will be extended by about 240 metres eastbound along Camden Valley Way
- new four way intersection at King Street with traffic lights
- left in/left out intersection at Kelly Street
- new four way intersections with traffic lights at Fourth Avenue/Dickson Road, Edmondson Avenue/ Rickard Road
- new three way intersections with traffic lights at Browns Road, Cowpasture Road (south) and at the Western Sydney Parklands entry
- new bridge over Upper Canal
- upgraded intersection at Camden Valley Way and Cowpasture Road.
What happens next?
Most of the work will be carried out during normal working hours between 7am and 6pm Mondays to Fridays and on Saturdays between 8am and 1pm, weather permitting.
The site office is located at the intersection of Bringelly Road and Cowpasture Road (south), Leppington.
Construction started in January 2015 and the road is expected to be open to traffic in late 2018, weather permitting.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- November 2019 community update
Bringelly Road upgrade stage 1 - Complete.
- September 2018 community update
Bringelly Road upgrade – Stage 1.
- Location map
Bringelly Road upgrade stage 1.
New milestone reached on Bringelly Road upgrade.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 703 457