Stage 1 - complete - Narellan Road upgrade
Stage 1 of the Narellan Road upgrade between the M31 Hume Motorway and Camden Valley Way is now complete.
- Contractor: BMD Constructions
- Start date of major construction: July 2014
- Completion date: April 2016
- Project value (both stages of the upgrade): $152 million
- Funding: Australian and NSW governments.
- Narellan Road has been upgraded to a six lane divided road with three lanes in each direction and a central median from the M31 Hume Motorway to the TAFE/Western Sydney University campus
- New traffic lights at the Narellan Road and M31 Hume Motorway interchange
- Widened southbound exit and loop ramp from one lane to three lanes
- A shared pedestrian and cyclist path on the southern side of Narellan Road (that connects to new pedestrian bridge as part of the Narellan Road upgrade stage 2)
- An extra right turn lane into the TAFE/Western Sydney University campus for eastbound traffic and extension of the right turn bay by about 180 metres
- Upgraded TAFE/Western Sydney University roundabout from a single lane to dual lanes
- Two left turn lanes and an extra right turn lane onto Narellan Road from the TAFE/Western Sydney University
- New Incident Response Facility at the south east corner of the M31 Hume Motorway interchange. This facility will provide immediate response to any accidents on the M31 Hume Motorway and surrounding areas
- New bus bays to improve safety and access for commuters.
- Improved access and travel times for motorists and road freight
- Reduced congestion on Narellan Road
- Improved access to the TAFE and University of Western Sydney at Campbelltown
- Improved access and safety for cyclists and pedestrians through off-road shared paths
- Improved incident response times on the M31 Hume Motorway by providing a new incident response facility on Narellan Road.
- June 2016 community update
Narellan Road Upgrade.
- June 2014 location map
Narellan Road upgrade - Camden Valley Way to Blaxland Road.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 633 332