Stage 2 - complete - Narellan Road upgrade
The Australian and NSW governments have funded the upgrade of Narellan Road to reduce congestion and improve safety and travel times.
- Contractor:Seymour Whyte
- Start date of major construction:January 2016
- Officially opened: April 2018
- Completion due:June 2018
- Project value (both stages of the upgrade): $152 million
- Funding: Australian and NSW governments
Key features of stage 2 included:
- Widening Narellan Road to a six lane divided road, generally three lanes in each direction with a central median
- Upgrading the M31 Hume Motorway interchange and widening the northern bridge over the motorway for additional lanes
- Building two pedestrian bridges to provide a shared path over the M31 Hume Motorway and Upper Canal
- Installing new traffic lights with pedestrian crossings at Kenny Hill Road
- Installing a three metre wide off-road share pedestrian/cyclists path
- Extending the southbound merge lane onto the M31 Hume Motorway by about 500 metres
- Building a Heavy Vehicle Inspection Bay on the westbound lanes between Botanical Gardens and Hume Motorway Interchange
- Ten intersection improvements between Camden Valley Way, Camden and Blaxland Road, Campbelltown.
The key benefits to the community include:
- Improved access and travel times for motorists and road freight
- Reduced congestion on Narellan Road
- Improved access to the TAFE and University of Western Sydney at Campbelltown
- Improved access and safety for cyclists and pedestrians through off-road shared paths
- Improved incident response times on the M31 Hume Motorway by providing a new incident response facility on Narellan Road
- New pedestrian bridge across Hume Motorway providing a pedestrian link from Campbelltown to Narellan
- Extended southbound merging lane onto the M31 Hume Motorway.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- July 2018 community update
Narellan Road upgrade – open to traffic.
- June 2014 location map
Narellan Road upgrade - Camden Valley Way to Blaxland Road.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 633 332