Wakehurst Parkway Improvements
Transport for NSW is planning road improvements along Wakehurst Parkway between Frenchs Forest Road, Frenchs Forest and Pittwater Road, North Narrabeen. These include intersection upgrades and focus on improving safety and capacity for this key road link in Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
November – Have your say on proposed improvements
Transport has prepared a Review of Environmental Factors (REF) and a Biodiversity Development Assessment Report (BDAR) for the proposal. These documents outline the potential environmental, social, economic and cumulative impacts during construction and operation.
The REF is on public display until 5pm Wednesday 20 December. View the REF (PDF, 37.08 MB).
You can find out more about the proposed improvements in our Community Update (PDF, 649.53 KB). We welcome all feedback on the REF and BDAR. To have your say please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the project team
To meet the team and find out more about the project, drop in any time at one of our pop up sessions:
- Thursday 16 November
3pm to 6pm
Oxford Falls Main Hall, Oxford Falls Peace Park, Oxford Falls
- Saturday 18 November
10am to 2pm
Bilarong Community Hall, Narrabeen
If you can’t make these times but like to speak to a member of the team please call us on 1800 684 490.
Transport for NSW (Transport) proposes to carry out road improvements along Wakehurst Parkway between Frenchs Forest Road, Frenchs Forest and Pittwater Road, North Narrabeen. These include intersection upgrades and focus on improving safety and capacity for this key road link in Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Sections of Wakehurst Parkway are subject to traffic congestion and have an extensive crash history. The proposal would help improve safety and travel time by improving the overall efficiency of the wider road network.
Corridor improvements that are being investigated will aim to:
- improve road safety along the corridor
- improve network efficiency
- provide capacity for future traffic growth
- consider improvements to active transport facilities
- consider options to encourage use of public transport.
We will carefully consider all feedback received and respond to issues raised in a Submissions Report. If approved, construction is planned to start in 2024 and will take about two years to complete, weather permitting.
To stay up to date with the project please contact the project team to register for updates.
- Wakehurst Parkway Improvements Review of Environmental Factors (REF) (PDF, 37.08 MB)
- REF Appendix D - Biodiversity Development Assessment Report (PDF, 52.46 MB)
- REF Appendix E Arborist Assessment Report (PDF, 5.89 MB)
- REF Appendix F - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 6.34 MB)
- REF Appendix H - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 2.12 MB)
- Wakehurst Parkway investigation notification November 2023 to February 2024 (PDF, 404.65 KB)
- Wakehurst Parkway investigation notification July 2023 (PDF, 344.71 KB)
- Wakehurst Parkway investigation notification April 2023 (PDF, 249.05 KB)
- Wakehurst Parkway investigation notification January 2023 (PDF, 341.34 KB)
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact our project team:
- Phone: 1800 684 490
- Email: email@example.com
Translating and interpreting service
If you need help understanding this information, please contact the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask them to call us on 1800 735 563.