Warrawee Station Upgrade
Planning approval has been granted for an accessibility upgrade at Warrawee Station.
The project is expected to be completed by late 2020*.
- a new lift and entry points
- a canopy from the new lift to the station building on the platform
- two new accessible parking spaces and a new kiss and ride space on Heydon Avenue
- three new kiss and ride spaces on Warrawee Avenue
- new accessible pathways through the station precinct
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- a new bike shelter
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
Planning approval for the Warrawee Station Upgrade has been granted. Detailed design will occur over the coming months, with work due to commence in late 2019.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the community consultation period in April/May. Information about the feedback we received during this period and how it was considered can be found in the Determination Report. Stakeholders who provided feedback will receive a letter with further information about their submission.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Tuesday 30 April until Tuesday 14 May 2019. The REF and supporting documentation was available for viewing at Ku-ring-gai Council Office, Turramurra Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and digitally on this webpage.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- general support for the station becoming accessible
- requests for more commuter parking
- suggestions to improve the road configuration and lighting on Hastings Road and Warrawee Avenue to improve traffic flow and safety
- suggestions to improve disability parking
- requests for additional bicycle parking to be made available at the station.
All feedback submitted during the public display period was considered by the project team during the determination of this project. This feedback is important to us and will be kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 43.86 KB).
Detailed design work will occur over the coming months.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
- Warrawee Station Upgrade Determination Report (PDF, 7.99 MB)
- Warrawee Station Upgrade REF (PDF, 28.14 MB)
- Warrawee Station Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 11.97 MB)
- Warrawee Station Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 49.43 MB)
- Warrawee Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 22.23 MB)
- Warrawee Station Biodiversity Assessment Report (PDF, 2.94 MB)
- Warrawee Station Arboricultural Impact Assessment Report (PDF, 1.72 MB)
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.