West Ryde Commuter Car Park
Transport for NSW are delivering additional commuter car parking spaces at West Ryde.
The project is part of the NSW Government’s Commuter Car Park Program, providing you with more convenient access to public transport at key interchanges and helping to ease congestion on our roads.
Construction of approximately 100 additional spaces is now underway and is expected to be completed in late-2021.
- a new commuter car park with approximately 100 additional spaces at the existing car park site to the east of West Ryde Station
- accessible parking spaces, motorcycle parking bays and bicycle parking hoops
- Transport Park&Ride infrastructure (Opal operated boom gates)
- provision for future electric vehicle charging spaces
- dedicated paths to provide safe and convenient access between the car park and the station
- lighting, wayfinding signage and new rail corridor fencing for improved safety
- landscaping within the car park, including tree planting along the Ryedale Road footpath.
Major construction is now underway with the new car park expected to be open to the community in late 2021.
In order to complete work on the new car park safely, the existing car park directly next to the station on Ryedale Road has now closed. Existing commuter parking north of the station will remain open during construction. Please see map (PDF, 75.09 KB) for more information.
Detailed design for the new commuter car park is progressing. We will share the updated design with the community shortly.
Keeping you up to date
Transport for NSW will keep the community informed about the project as it progresses.
If you would like to sign up to receive email updates about the project, please call 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification September 2021 (PDF, 347.34 KB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification August 2021 (PDF, 513.04 KB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification July 2021 (PDF, 159.22 KB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification June 2021 (PDF, 445.05 KB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification May 2021 (PDF, 449.2 KB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification 29 March 2021 (PDF, 1.13 MB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification March 2021 (PDF, 281.4 KB)
- West Ryde Commuter Car Park - Community Notification September 2020 (PDF, 960.67 KB)
Between September and October 2020, the community were invited to provide feedback on the proposed concept design for the new commuter car park at West Ryde Station.
Thank you to everyone who made a submission. Your feedback helps us to understand what is important to customers and the community and will be considered during the detailed design phase of the project.
A Consultation Summary Report, summarising key themes of feedback and answering commonly asked questions is available to view.