Point to Point Transport Reforms Background
The Point to Point transport financial assistance scheme closes 31 May 2023.
Applications received after 31 May 2023 will be assessed on a case by case basis. Please use the online form to request information regarding late applications.
Our call centre staff are here to assist you with your application for financial assistance. They aim to be as polite and as helpful as possible.
However, shouting, swearing, insulting or abusive behaviour or language will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Calls will be terminated immediately.
Point to Point Transport Independent Review 2020
The latest point to point transport reforms are in response to an independent review of the industry led by Sue Baker-Finch.
The reforms, which will be introduced in stages, include:
- removing the limit on the number of taxi licences that are available
- changing restrictions on areas where taxis can operate
- removing the maximum fare limit for most rank and hail trips except at Sydney airport or for customers with a disability who are eligible for the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme
- a provider neutral approach to subsidies and incentives to make more point to point transport services available for customers with a disability
There will be a strong focus on maintaining service provision for customers while the industry adjusts, especially in regional communities who rely on point to point transport to access essential services.
Further information about the Independent Review is available here.
Factsheets about the reforms including the NSW Government’s Response to the Independent Review’s recommendations are below:
- NSW point to point transport reforms (PDF, 152.18 KB)
- Regional NSW point to point transport reforms (PDF, 79.46 KB)
- Independent review recommendations and government response (PDF, 68.51 KB)
These reforms build on government reform of the point to point transport industry since 2015.
The Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Act 2016 and the Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2017 have been amended to give effect to the Government’s response to the Independent Review 2020.
View: amendments to the Act.
View: amendments to the Regulation.
Taxi Licence Transition: NSW Point to Point Transport Commissioner
Please refer to the Point to Point Transport Commissioner website for information on the taxi licence transition process and further information supporting the Point to Point Transport reforms: Taxi licence reforms | Point to Point (nsw.gov.au)