Outer Sydney Orbital Stage 2 corridor identification
The Outer Sydney Orbital Stage 2 corridor investigation is identifying long-term transport connections between Western Sydney and the Illawarra-Shoalhaven region.
Investigations for the Outer Sydney Orbital Stage 2 will be undertaken in three sectors:
Sector 1: between the Hume Motorway and Appin Road, south east of Appin Village and between the Hume Motorway and Picton Road.
Sector 2: Appin and Picton Road corridors for potential upgrade through WaterNSW’s water catchment area (Metropolitan Special Area).
Sector 3: Illawarra Connections – a potential new Illawarra Escarpment crossing.
- Provide communities with transport connections between the Western Parkland City and the Illawarra-Shoalhaven region.
- Provide access to jobs and other employment opportunities across the Aerotropolis and surrounding industrial lands.
- Provide access to the Western Sydney Airport.
- Support different transport needs including public transport, walking and cycling options.
- Enable freight to move efficiently and safely.
- Support urban development across the Wilton and Greater Macarthur Growth Areas and the Illawarra-Shoalhaven region.
- Facilitate great places, and provide certainty for investment across the region.
Consultation is now closed for the Outer Sydney Orbital Stage 2 corridor options between the Hume Motorway and Appin Road. This consultation was held between 16 November 2020 and 29 January 2021.
Currently, the project team is reviewing all submissions made during the consultation period.
Corridor Investigation Office
PO BOX K659
Haymarket NSW 1240
For more information on Outer Sydney Orbital Stage 2 head to our online portal.