Using Sydneys tunnels
The Roads network has a series of significant tunnels that provide effective, fast and safe routes for customers travelling around the city.
Customers travelling through tunnels can make that experience a more efficient and safer activity by considering the following tips:
- Be aware of the tunnel heights for vehicles (see below)
- Check LiveTraffic.com to see if there are any closures for maintenance works
- Always leave your radio turned on when driving through
- Take your sunglasses off (unless optical prescription glasses)
- Always check electronic message boards where available
- Avoid changing lanes
- Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front
- Turn your headlights on.
- Wind up your windows and set air conditioning to recirculate.
Tunnel heights to know
- Airport - 4.4 metres
- City West link (east bound only) - 4.6 metres
- Cross City Tunnel - 4.4 metres
- Domain - 4.4 metres
- Eastern Distributor - 4.4 metres
- Kings Cross - 4.4 metres
- Lane Cove - 4.4 metres
- Hills M2 Motorway - 5.0 metres
- M5 East Cooks River - 4.4 metres
- M5 East Main - 4.6 metres
- M8 - 5.1 metres
- M4 - M8 Link - 5.1 metres
- M4 Tunnels - 5.1 metres
- Sydney Harbour Tunnel - 4.4 metres
- NorthConnex - 5.1 metres.