Beecroft Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Beecroft Station.
- two new lifts to provide access to the pedestrian subway and station platform
- regrading the existing footpath to provide an accessible path to the new lift
- a new pedestrian landing over the existing staircase
- a new kiss-and-ride zone along Wongala Crescent
- relocation of the taxi zone to Wongala Crescent
- improvements to accessible parking in the Sutherland Road commuter car park
- upgraded footpaths around the station precinct to improve accessibility
- improvements to CCTV, wayfinding and lighting to improve safety and security
Submissions received during the public display period of the planning documentation are currently being reviewed by the project team, and will be formally responded to in a determination report. This report will also state whether the project has received planning approval to proceed, and specify the conditions of approval. An update will be provided to the community once a decision has been made.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Friday 26 October until Friday 9 November 2018. The REF and supporting documentation was available for viewing at Pennant Hills Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office and digitally on this web page.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- General support for the station becoming accessible
- Concern over the proposed changes to the Wongala Crescent station entry ramp
- Requests to maintain disability compliant cross-corridor access and have two methods of entering the station in the event of lifts breaking down
- Concern raised around the removal and relocation of the artworks in the garden bed where one of the lifts is proposed to go
If you wish to receive project updates by email please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.