Beecroft Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Beecroft Station.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- two new lifts to provide access to the pedestrian subway and station platform
- regrading the existing footpath to provide an accessible path to the new lift
- a new pedestrian landing over the existing staircase
- a new kiss-and-ride zone along Wongala Crescent
- relocation of the taxi zone to Wongala Crescent
- improvements to accessible parking in the Sutherland Road commuter car park
- upgraded footpaths around the station precinct to improve accessibility
- improvements to CCTV, wayfinding and lighting to improve safety and security
Planning approval for the Beecroft Station Upgrade has been granted. Detailed design will occur over the coming months, with on-site investigative works to be undertaken during June and July to assist with this.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the community consultation period. Information about the feedback we received during this period and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination report (PDF, 3.4 MB). Stakeholders who provided feedback received a letter with further information about their submission.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Friday 26 October until Friday 9 November 2018. The REF and supporting documentation was available for viewing at Pennant Hills Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office and digitally on this web page.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- General support for the station becoming accessible
- Concern over the proposed changes to the Wongala Crescent station entry ramp
- Requests to maintain disability compliant cross-corridor access and have two methods of entering the station in the event of lifts breaking down
- Concern raised around the removal and relocation of the artworks in the garden bed where one of the lifts is proposed to go
Submissions received during the public display were reviewed and responded to in the determination report.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on
1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line
on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Beecroft Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Beecroft Station Upgrade: Determination Report (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 23.03 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 11.32 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade Arborist Report (PDF, 4.07 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade Biodiversity Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.42 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 2.68 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 8.57 MB)