Beecroft Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Beecroft Station.
- two new lifts to provide access to the pedestrian subway and station platform
- regrading the existing footpath to provide an accessible path to the new lift
- a new pedestrian landing over the existing staircase
- a new kiss-and-ride zone along Wongala Crescent
- relocation of the taxi zone to Wongala Crescent
- improvements to accessible parking in the Sutherland Road commuter car park
- upgraded footpaths around the station precinct to improve accessibility
- improvements to CCTV, wayfinding and lighting to improve safety and security
Planning approval for the Beecroft Station Upgrade has recently been granted, with the design and construction contract due to be awarded in the coming weeks. Detailed design will occur over the coming months, with early construction works set to start in the second half of 2019.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the recent community consultation period. Information about the feedback we received during this period and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination report (PDF, 3.4 MB). Stakeholders who provided feedback will receive a letter with further information about their submission.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Friday 26 October until Friday 9 November 2018. The REF and supporting documentation was available for viewing at Pennant Hills Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office and digitally on this web page.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- General support for the station becoming accessible
- Concern over the proposed changes to the Wongala Crescent station entry ramp
- Requests to maintain disability compliant cross-corridor access and have two methods of entering the station in the event of lifts breaking down
- Concern raised around the removal and relocation of the artworks in the garden bed where one of the lifts is proposed to go
Submissions received during the public display were reviewed and responded to in the determination report.
- Beecroft Station Upgrade: Determination Report (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Beecroft Station Upgrade: Have your say (PDF, 2.17 MB)
If you wish to receive project updates by email please contact us at email@example.com with your request.