Como Station Upgrade
Planning is currently underway to improve accessibility at Como Station.
- Two new lifts connecting the platform and commuter car park to the underpass
- Upgraded station entry at the commuter car park, including new stairs to connect to the underpass
- Relocated three existing accessible parking spaces closer to the new lifts
- Upgrades to existing ramp from Railway Road to meet compliant grade, and new accessible pathways throughout the station precinct
- Formalised kiss and ride area on Railway Road
- Improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilets, a new family accessible toilet, CCTV and lighting
The public display period for community feedback has now closed.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the recent community consultation period. Information about the feedback received during this period and how it was considered will be detailed in the project Determination report.
Stakeholders who provided feedback will receive a letter with further information about their submission.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Thursday 4 April until Wednesday 1 May 2019. The REF and supporting documentation was available for viewing at Sutherland Library, Sutherland Shire Council Office, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and digitally on this web page.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- General support for the station becoming accessible
- Request to retain the ramp access from the commuter car park (Como Parade)
- Suggestions of sustainability initiatives to implement within the project design
- Requests for kiss and ride and additional commuter parking spaces on Como Parade
- Request to retain as much vegetation as possible to maintain the look and feel of the station.
All feedback submitted via this website will be considered by the project team during the determination of this project. This feedback is important to us and will be kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 438.6 KB).
No personal information will be identified in the Determination Report.
Respondents who have provided contact details will receive notification from TfNSW once the project has been determined including information about how their feedback was considered.
Have your say via our virtual reality tool
Submissions received during the public display period of the planning documentation are currently being reviewed by the project team, and will be formally responded to in a Determination report.
This report will also state whether the project has received planning approval to proceed, and specify the conditions of approval.
An update will be provided to the community once a decision has been made.
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notifications and Reports
- Como Station Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 28.71 MB)
- Como Station Biodiversity Arboricultural Report (PDF, 5.12 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment Report (PDF, 68.5 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 30.39 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Notification April 2019