Como Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Como Station.
This upgrade will be delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
As part of the program, the Como Station Upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed by late 2021*.
- Two new lifts connecting the platform and commuter car park to the underpass
- Upgraded station entry at the commuter car park, including new stairs to connect to the underpass
- Relocated three existing accessible parking spaces closer to the new lifts
- Upgrades to existing ramp from Railway Road to meet compliant grade, and new accessible pathways throughout the station precinct
- Formalised kiss and ride area on Railway Road
- Improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilets, a new family accessible toilet, CCTV and lighting
- Redesign of new stairs to connect customers from Como Parade to the underpass to replace the existing non compliant ramp.
Planning approval for the Como Station Upgrade has been granted. Detailed design will occur over the coming months, with on-site investigative works to be undertaken during this time.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the community consultation period in April. Information about the feedback we received during this period and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination report. Stakeholders who provided feedback received a letter with further information about their submission.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Thursday 4 April until Wednesday 1 May 2019. The REF and supporting documentation wereavailable for viewing at Sutherland Library, Sutherland Shire Council Office, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and are still available for viewing digitally on this web page.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- General support for the station becoming accessible
- Request to retain the ramp access from Como Parade
- Suggestions of sustainability initiatives to implement within the project design
- Requests for provision of a kiss and ride facility on Como Parade
- Request to retain as much vegetation as possible to maintain the look and feel of the station.
All feedback submitted via this website has been considered by the project team during the determination of this project. This feedback is important to us and is kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 43.86 KB).
See the proposed works via our virtual reality tool
Following the granting of Planning Approval, detailed design work will occur over the coming months.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Como Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Como Station Determination Report (PDF, 1.91 MB)
- Como Station Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 28.71 MB)
- Como Station Biodiversity Arboricultural Report (PDF, 5.12 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment Report (PDF, 68.5 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 30.39 MB)