Como Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Como Station.
The upgrade will be delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
As part of the program, the Como Station Upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed by late 2021*.
- Two new lifts connecting the platform and commuter car park to the underpass
- Upgraded station entry at the commuter car park, including new stairs to connect to the underpass
- Relocated three existing accessible parking spaces closer to the new lifts
- Upgrades to existing ramp from Railway Road to meet compliant grade, and new accessible pathways throughout the station precinct
- Formalised kiss and ride area on Railway Road
- Improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilets, a new family accessible toilet, CCTV and lighting
- Redesign of new stairs to connect customers from Como Parade to the underpass to replace the existing non compliant ramp.
Construction of Como Station Upgrade is underway.
Please see the community notifications below for further information.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive further information or project updates, please register to join the Como Station Upgrade distribution list by calling 1800 684 490 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Como Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Como Station Upgrade - Project Update, September 2020 (PDF, 844.95 KB)
- Como Station Upgrade - Temporary detour, August 2020 (PDF, 411.08 KB)
- Como Station Upgrade - Tree removal, August 2020 (PDF, 144.59 KB)
- Como Station Upgrade - Project Update, August 2020 (PDF, 1.04 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade - Project Update, July 2020 (PDF, 850.65 KB)
- Como Station Upgrade - Project Update, June 2020 (PDF, 760.1 KB)
- Como Station Upgrade Notification May 2020 (PDF, 610.12 KB)
- Como Station Upgrade Notification April 2019 (PDF, 2.11 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Notification June 2019 (PDF, 479.67 KB)
- Como Station Determination Report (PDF, 1.91 MB)
- Como Station Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 28.71 MB)
- Como Station Biodiversity Arboricultural Report (PDF, 5.12 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment Report (PDF, 68.5 MB)
- Como Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 30.39 MB)
Planning Approval for Como Station Upgrade follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors between 4 April and 1 May 2019, and preparation of the Como Station Upgrade: Determination Report (PDF, 1.91 MB).
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their feedback during the planning process.
The Review of Environmental Factors
The Review of Environmental Factors and supporting documentation was available to view at Sutherland Library, Sutherland Shire Council Office, and the Transport for NSW office at Chatswood.
A digital copy of the project’s REF remains available to download in the Planning Documents section below.
All submissions received during the public display period were considered by the project team and used to inform the design of the project.
Feedback is important to Transport for NSW and is kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 43.86 KB).