Como Station Upgrade
Investigations are currently underway to develop an early concept design for Como Station to make it more accessible for all customers, including those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
These investigations are part of the Transport Access Program, an initiate to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated infrastructure.
- Two new lifts to existing underpass and platforms
- New family accessible toilets
- Relocated accessible parking space closer to the new lifts
- Upgrades to existing ramp from Railway Road to meet compliant grade
- Construction of new stairs next to lift on Como Parade
- Removal of non-compliant ramp on Como Parade.
As part of the planning approval process, members from the project team met with the community and stakeholders of Como Station on Tuesday 11 December 2018.
Feedback provided during initial consultation will be considered in the early concept design which will go on public display in early 2019.
Transport for NSW will progress the initial concept design for the project, including identification and consideration of environmental constraints, risks and opportunities in response to early community feedback. The concept design and planning documentation will be made public for further community consultation in the coming months.
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us at email@example.com.