Doonside Station Upgrade
The Doonside Station Upgrade project is now complete.
The upgrade was delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport passengers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
- four new lifts connecting the station entrances to the existing footbridge and station platforms.
- continuous canopy coverage on both platforms from the new lifts to the boarding assistance zones.
- new stairs on platform 3 and 4.
- upgrade the existing ramps, footbridge and the stairs on Platform 1 and 2 with a new roof.
- two new accessible parking spaces on Cross Street and one new accessible parking space on School Parade.
- reconfigure the existing kiss and ride bay.
- new family accessible toilet within the existing station building on Platform 1 and 2.
- regrade the accessible pathways throughout the station precinct.
- new bicycle hoops near the Doonside Road ramp entrance and Cross Street ramp entrance.
- improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding.
While construction of the new lifts and other amenities is complete, some finishing activities will be completed before the team leave the site and remove the construction compound.
These works will be carried out during the standard construction hours, Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm, and Saturdays 8am to 1pm.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the upgrade work.
Aboriginal artwork at Doonside Station
We have installed an Aboriginal artwork at the Cross Street station entrance that represents the cultural connection to the land and the traditional hunting practices of the Wawarrawarri people of the Dharug Nation, also known as the Cockatoo People.
The Aboriginal artwork by Adam Laws is a beautiful representation of the cultural connection to the land and the traditional hunting practices of the Wawarrawarri people of the Dharug Nation.
The depiction of the bird-catching process with strung-up nets and boomerangs adds a meaningful touch to the station's entrance.
From 5 to 19 November 2021, the community was invited to have their say on the proposed upgrades of Doonside Station.
Planning approval has been received for the Doonside Station Upgrade. Construction began in January 2022.
Please visit the Doonside station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.