Edgecliff Station Upgrade
Transport for NSW has complete its upgrade of Edgecliff Station to make it more user-friendly and easier for everyone to access.
- Two new lifts to provide access to the train platforms and the bus interchange
- Four escalator replacements between the train platforms and concourse
- Relocated ticket gates to improve customer flow
- New kiss and ride zone on New McLean Street
- Improved pedestrian access and safety in the bus interchange with introduction of pedestrian crossings.
Edgecliff Station Upgrade is complete. Customers are now able to use the station’s new and improved accessibility features. Now the upgrade is complete, Edgecliff Station is fully accessible, allowing for safer, easier and more convenient travel for all customers.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the Edgecliff Station Upgrade.
Over the next month, you may notice ongoing finishing work around the station. Work will primarily be indoors, with no disruption to customer movements.
The Review of Environmental Factors was on display from 22 November to 13 December 2017.
Planning approval was received in February 2018.
Transport for NSW sought feedback on the project on two occasions in 2017. Firstly during May/June 2017 in initial consultation, and then again more formally in November 2017 during the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors.
Key themes that emerged during the initial consultation in May/June 2017 were:
- General support for the project, especially the installation of lifts to improve accessibility
- Suggested locations for kiss and ride (New South Head Road and New McLean Street)
- Improvements to bus interchange such as lighting and weather protection.
Key themes that emerged during the Review of Environmental Factors in November 2017 include:
- Further general support for the project
- Concern over the location of the kiss and ride on New McLean Street, suggestions for possible other locations
- Enquiries regarding construction staging and impacts.
All submissions received during the public display have been addressed in the project’s Determination Report.
The Determination Report provides responses to issues raised in submissions made during the exhibition period, details modifications to the project and provides the project’s conditions of approval.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Edgecliff Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification July 2019 (PDF, 867.97 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification June 2019 (PDF, 1.92 MB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification May 2019 (PDF, 1.64 MB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification April 2019 (PDF, 430.79 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification March 2019 (PDF, 507.47 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification February 2019 (PDF, 523.19 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification December 2018 - January 2019 (PDF, 943.26 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification December 2018 (PDF, 643.34 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification November 2018 (PDF, 930.5 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification October 2018 (PDF, 700.88 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification September 2018 (PDF, 225.24 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification July - August 2018 (PDF, 306.12 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification July 2018 (PDF, 254.21 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Community Notification May 2018 (PDF, 159.61 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Planning Approval Community Notification February 2018 (PDF, 363.81 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Determination Report (PDF, 869.02 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Review of Environmental Factors (REF) (PDF, 2.83 MB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Arboricultural Impact Assessment (PDF, 975.73 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment (PDF, 722.19 KB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Statement (PDF, 1.09 MB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Traffic transport and Access Impact Statement (PDF, 4.53 MB)
- Edgecliff Station Upgrade Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 4.65 MB)