New Intercity Fleet Program Stations and Signalling Modifications
Modifications and upgrades are needed to existing rail infrastructure at various locations across the electrified network to accommodate the New Intercity Fleet. This includes:
- Platform extensions
- Modifications to infrastructure within the rail corridor, including the installation and relocation of signalling and overhead wiring structures
- Installation of balises and car markers
- Installation of CCTV, PA, lighting and station furniture, where required.
A contract has been awarded to Downer EDI Work Pty. Ltd. to deliver the project, which includes the design and construction of the modifications.
The work will be carried out at various locations across the electrified network.
Site investigations commenced in January 2018 and construction is expected to start in mid-2018. The majority of work will take place during scheduled Sydney Trains trackwork weekends.
Further information will be regularly provided to local communities prior to any major work taking place.
- New Intercity Fleet Stations and Signalling Modifications community notification Central December 2018 (PDF, 170.43 KB)
- New Intercity Fleet Stations and Signalling Modifications community notification Hamilton December 2018 (PDF, 403.77 KB)
- New Intercity Fleet Stations and Signalling Modifications community notification Adamstown December 2018 (PDF, 527.7 KB)