Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Hawkesbury River Station.
This upgrade will be delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
The project is expected to be completed by early 2021*.
- two new lifts to provide access to the station platforms
- a new accessible parking space and kiss and ride space
- a new accessible pathway and pedestrian crossing to the Dangar Road car park
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
Early work for the Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade commenced in November 2019.
The following activities will be undertaken throughout December during standard hours:
- toilet block modifications
- establishment of the site compound
- relocation of the existing station power supply
- relocation of existing services on the station platforms
- survey work and delivery of materials.
Establishment of site compound
During December, two temporary site compounds will be established on the eastern side of the station house to accommodate a site office and staff amenities. A laydown and storage area for construction materials will also be established to the west of the station house.
Approximately 12 car spaces will be temporarily removed in the Brooklyn commuter car park and will remain unavailable until early 2021.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Hawkesbury River station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade community notification - December 2019 (PDF, 465.75 KB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade community notification - November 2019 (PDF, 729.6 KB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade community notification - September 2019 (PDF, 569.04 KB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade community notification - June 2019 (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade community notification - December 2018 (PDF, 1.16 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Determination Report (PDF, 2.01 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 14.05 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Landscape and Visual (PDF, 42.38 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Noise and Vibration (PDF, 10.73 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Traffic Transport and Access Report (PDF, 2.65 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Heritage (PDF, 31.68 MB)
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.