Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Hawkesbury River Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. As part of the program, the Hawkesbury River Station upgrade would aim to provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
- two new lifts to provide access to the station platforms
- a new accessible parking space and kiss and ride space in the Dangar Road car park
- a new accessible pathway and pedestrian crossing to the Dangar Road car park
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF), the key planning document outlining the proposed works, potential impacts and mitigation measures, was on public display from Thursday 27 June to Monday 22 July 2019. The REF and supporting documentation were available for viewing at Hornsby Shire Council, Bewowra Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and digitally on this web page.
All feedback submitted during the public display period will be considered by the project team during the determination of this project.
This feedback is important to us and will be kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 438.6 KB) (PDF, 43.86 KB) (PDF, 43.86 KB).
No personal information will be identified in the Determination Report.
Respondents who have provided contact details will receive notification from Transport for NSW once the project has been determined including information about how their feedback was considered.
See the proposed works via our virtual reality tool
The digital images highlighted on this page are representative of what will be constructed as part of this project.
During the next stages of design development elements may be subject to change.
Feedback received during the public display period will be considered by the project team. Feedback will also assist Transport for NSW in preparing plans for managing impacts during construction and operation of the project.
The project team will be actively engaging with communities and other stakeholders throughout the project.
Subject to planning approval, construction will commence in late 2019.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback at our information session during the public display of the REF on Tuesday 2 July 2019.
Your feedback will help Transport for NSW understand what is important to customers and the community, and will help inform further design.
As part of the planning approval process, members from the project team also met with local community members at an information session on 11 December 2018 at Hawkesbury River Station.
During this consultation we received a wide range of constructive feedback, which was considered in the development of the concept design and the planning approval documentation.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Hawkesbury River station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 14.05 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Landscape and Visual (PDF, 42.38 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Noise and Vibration (PDF, 10.73 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Traffic Transport and Access Report (PDF, 2.65 MB)
- Hawkesbury River Station Upgrade - Supporting Study Heritage (PDF, 31.68 MB)