New Intercity Fleet Program Springwood to Lithgow Rail Corridor Modifications
Modifications are needed along the rail corridor from west of Springwood Station to Lithgow Station to accommodate the new and existing trains.
Extending platforms at Katoomba Station and Lithgow Station
Modifications to station platform edges (known as platform coping), and the existing platform canopy at Faulconbridge Station
Re-positioning of rail tracks along the length of the rail corridor
Signalling works and upgrades to the overhead wiring system and supporting structures.
A Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was prepared and community feedback was invited from 8 August to 28 August 2017. Feedback received will assist Transport for NSW in preparing plans for managing impacts during construction.
Submissions received in response to the REF will be considered in a Submissions Report. The report will be prepared by Transport for NSW and we will let the community know as soon as the report is available to view.
Major construction will only start once all approvals have been finalised and a determination on the Project has been made by Transport for NSW.
The majority of work would be undertaken during scheduled Sydney Trains trackwork weekends to ensure the safety of our rail customers and staff.
- Springwood to Lithgow Rail Corridor Modifications Review of Environmental Factors Volume 1 (PDF, 5.63 MB)
- Springwood to Lithgow Rail Corridor Modifications Review of Environmental Factors Volume 2 (PDF, 12.97 MB)
- Lithgow Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 5.47 MB)
- Katoomba Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 11.11 MB)
- Blackheath Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 2.39 MB)
- Medlow Bath Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Eskbank Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 5.48 MB)
- Lawson Station Statement of Heritage Impact (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Combined heritage assessment for Faulconbridge, Linden, Woodford Hazelbrook, Bullaburra, Wentworth Falls, Leura, Bell, and Newnes Junction stations (PDF, 4.02 MB)
- Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 66.87 MB)
- Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Springwood to Lithgow Rail Corridor Modifications Community Notification August 2017 (PDF, 1008.73 KB)
- Springwood to Lithgow Rail Corridor Modifications Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 185.24 KB)
Please contact us if you would like to join the project mailing list.
Call 1800 684 490