Towradgi Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Towradgi Station.
This upgrade is part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
As part of the program, the Towradgi Station Upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- a new footbridge over the rail corridor connecting the platforms of Towradgi Station
- two new lifts which will have three stops including platform level, road/pedestrian level and footbridge level. Lift landings will also have canopies at the waiting areas
- new footpaths to connect Towradgi Road and Weber Crescent to the station and the new footbridge, as well as footpaths to the new accessible car spaces and kiss and ride
- two accessible parking spaces and a kiss and ride zone on Weber Crescent
- new stairs on either side of the footbridge
- replacement of the existing station toilet with a new family accessible toilet
- replacement of platform shelters
- minor regrading and widening of the station platforms
- ancillary upgrades such as upgrades to CCTV and lighting, handrails, drainage works, landscaping, wayfinding and signage.
- construction of a new station services equipment room (SSER) adjacent to Weber Crescent.
Planning approval has been granted for the Towradgi Station Upgrade.
The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between 20 July and 3 August 2020, and preparation of a Determination Report.
The project received 12 submissions in response to the project’s REF. Each submission was considered by the project team and responded to in a Determination Report. (PDF, 1.47 MB)
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their feedback during the planning process.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
The contract for the Towradgi Station Upgrade project is expected to be awarded in late 2020, with construction expected to start in early 2021.
We will continue to keep the community informed as the project progresses over the coming months.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive further information or project updates, please register to join the Towradgi Station Towradgi distribution list by calling 1800 684 490 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Towradgi Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Towradgi Station Upgrade - Determination Report, September 2020 (PDF, 1.47 MB)
- Towradgi Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, July 2020 (PDF, 7.66 MB)
- Towradgi Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, July 2020 (PDF, 5.79 MB)
- Towradgi Station Upgrade – Aboricultural Impact Assessment, July 2020 (PDF, 5.26 MB)
- Towradgi Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, July 2020 (PDF, 20.79 MB)
- Towradgi Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, July 2020 (PDF, 2.29 MB)
The Review of Environmental Factos for the Towradgi Station Upgrade project was on public display from 20 July – 3 August 2020. During this time, the community is invited to provide feedback.
Feedback on the project’s Review of Environmental Factors will assist the project team to further develop the designs for the upgrade.
The project team would like to thank the community for their feedback.