Community transport operators
Commonwealth Home Support Program
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) provides funding for older eligible individuals and is aimed at supporting individuals in staying independent and in their own home for longer. This funding is for the provision of community transport services via community transport providers.
Assessment for eligibility to receive CHSP support is managed by My Aged Care.
Community Transport Program
The Community Transport Program (CTP) assists individuals who are transport disadvantaged owing to physical, social, cultural and / or geographic factors. Individuals who do not qualify for other support programs may be eligible for community transport.
CTP is funded by the NSW Government and aims to address transport disadvantage at the local level via community transport organisations.
Transport for NSW National Disability Insurance Scheme Residual Transport Subsidy
The Transport for NSW National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Residual Transport Subsidy (RTS) is designed to improve access to affordable transport for NDIS Participants. The transport subsidy is available from July 2018 until June 2020.
The TfNSW NDIS RTS is delivered by TfNSW contracted Community Transport Providers who are NDIS accredited and funded to provide the subsidy.
The subsidy can, in alignment with the Program schedule, be applied flexibly at the Provider’s discretion in response to customer’s situation.
Community Transport Service Providers
Download a contact list of community transport service providers:
If you require access to Community Transport, find a local Community Transport Provider in your area.
These programs are administered by the Rural and Regional Service Delivery and Performance (RRSDP) branch. RRSDP can be contact by:
Community transport operators in NSW are responsible for reporting on all contracted transport activities and services provided under the Community Transport Program (CTP).
Operators should use the Integrated Community Transport Data Set (ICTDS) tool - a single reporting source for all community transport services provided on behalf of:
- Transport for NSW
- NSW Department of Family and Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Home Care
- NSW Department of Health.
Download the Integrated Community Transport Data Set (ICTDS) Service Provider Guide (PDF, 267.58 KB) for help with the reporting tool.
Below is a list of resources our Community Transport Service Providers may find helpful:
Community transport operator checklist
Use this checklist to prepare for a new the new Community Transport Service contract. Note: This form doesn't need to be returned, it is for your records only.
- Operating Budget FY18/19 template (XLSX, 384.99 KB)
- Minimum Data Set (MDS)
- KPI Reporting Template (XLSX, 172 KB)
- Travel Training Reporting Template (DOCX, 47.49 KB)
Contract Assets Templates
- Notification of New Contract Asset (PDF, 248.95 KB)
- Application to Purchase New Contract (PDF, 376.76 KB)
Legislation (Acts and Regulations)
Relevant legislation to RRSDP includes:
Point to Point Transport
- Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Act 2016
- Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2016
For further information please visit the Point to Point commissioner website.
- Passenger Transport Act 2014
- Passenger Transport (Drug and Alcohol Testing) Regulation 2010
- Passenger Transport Regulation 2007
For further information please refer to the legislation website.
Community Transport Service Contract documents are listed below and can be downloaded:
- Standard Terms and Conditions (PDF, 376.03 KB)
- Contract Details (PDF, 24.92 KB)
- General Services Schedule (PDF, 48.33 KB)
- CHSP Schedule (PDF, 74.54 KB)
- CCSP Services Schedule (PDF, 74.75 KB)
- CTP Services Schedule (PDF, 60.94 KB)
- Travel Training Services Schedule (PDF, 58.7 KB)
- Insurance Schedule (PDF, 82.04 KB)
- Reporting Schedule (PDF, 110.87 KB)
- KPI Schedule (PDF, 189.13 KB)
Should you have any questions or require clarification regarding contract activity please contact us:
Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme (CPTIGS)
The Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme provides subsidies to support the construction or upgrade of bus stops in NSW.
Transport for Aboriginal communities
The Aboriginal Service Development Officer identifies transport issues that affect Aboriginal people, and provide advice and assistance.
Transport Access Regional Partnerships (TARP) grants program
Providing funding for people who are affected by specific circumstances that leave them with limited or no access to private transport.
Regional Area Managers
Transport for NSW Rural and Regional Service Delivery Area Managers.