Community transport operators
On this page
Operators and Programs
Transport for NSW provides funding to community transport operators to provide services under three government programs.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) provides support for older people to stay independent and in their own home for longer. There are two types of transport services available as part of the CHSP. Customers can be picked up by a transport service or they may receive vouchers or subsidies for transport, including taxi services.
For more information on CHSP visit My Aged Care
Community Care Support Program
The NSW Community Care Supports Program (CCSP) provides support services for younger people with a disability and their carers. The CCSP provides funding for a range of basic maintenance and support services that are essential to maintaining a person’s wellbeing, including transport, home maintenance and personal care services.
The NSW CCSP is being transitioned to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). From 1 July 2018, eligible people with a disability living in NSW will be able to access NDIS.
For more information visit:
Community Transport Providers
These programs are administered by the Rural and Regional Service Delivery and Performance (RRSDP) branch. RRSDP can be contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community transport operators in NSW are responsible for reporting on all contracted transport activities and services provided under the Community Transport Program (CTP).
Operators should use the Integrated Community Transport Data Set (ICTDS) tool - a single reporting source for all community transport services provided on behalf of:
- Transport for NSW
- NSW Department of Family and Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Home Care
- NSW Department of Health.
Download the Integrated Community Transport Data Set (ICTDS) Service Provider Guide (PDF, 267.58 KB) for help with the reporting tool.
Resources for community transport operators:
Community transport operator checklist
Use this checklist to prepare for a new the new Community Transport Service contract. Note: This form doesn't need to be returned, it is for your records only.
Relevant legislation to RRSDP includes:
Point to Point Transport
- Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Act 2016 No 34
- Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2016
- Passenger Transport Act 1990
- Passenger Transport (Drug and Alcohol Testing) Regulation 2010
- Passenger Transport Regulation 2007
Disability standards for accessible public transport
The Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development reviewed the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (Standards) to assess how well public transport complies with the Standards' targets for disability access. The draft report of the review on 9 May 2014.
All upgrades to transport infrastructure, including under CPTIGS, must meet these standards.
- Commonwealth Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport and related Guidelines
- Australian Human Rights Commission Accessible Bus Stops Guidelines
Documents relating to Community Transport Service contracts are available to download below.
- Annual Compliance Return - due 31 October 2016 (PDF, 113.39 KB)
- Asset Register (PDF, 173.44 KB)
- CCSP Services Schedule (PDF, 74.75 KB)
- CHSP Schedule (PDF, 74.54 KB)
- Contract Details (PDF, 24.92 KB)
- CTP Services Schedule (PDF, 60.94 KB)
- General Services Schedule (PDF, 48.33 KB)
- Insurance Schedule (PDF, 82.04 KB)
- KPI Schedule (PDF, 189.13 KB)
- Reporting Schedule (PDF, 110.87 KB)
- Standard Terms and Conditions (PDF, 376.03 KB)
- Travel Training Services Schedule (PDF, 58.7 KB)
Should you have any questions or require clarification regarding contract activity please contact (02) 8836 3100 or email@example.com
Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme
The Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme provides subsidies to support the construction or upgrade of bus stops in NSW.
Transport for Aboriginal communities
The Aboriginal Service Development Officer identifies transport issues that affect Aboriginal people, and provide advice and assistance.
Transport Access Regional Partnership Grants Program
Providing funding for people who are affected by specific circumstances that leave them with limited or no access to private transport.
Regional Area Managers
Transport for NSW Rural and Regional Service Delivery Area Managers.