Killara Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Killara Station.
This upgrade will be delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
As part of the program, the Killara Station Upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2023*.
- three lifts – one on each side of the footbridge, and one to the station platforms
- improvements to the station building to provide a new family accessible toilet and a unisex ambulant toilet
- canopies at boarding assistance zones
- footpath upgrade on Werona Avenue and Culworth Avenue
- formalise accessible parking and kiss and ride parking on Culworth Avenue
- formalise the pedestrian crossing at Culworth Ave to connect the existing Commuter Car Park to the station
- new handrails and treads on stairs where required
- power supply upgrade to support the new infrastructure
- improvements to lighting, CCTV and station communications.
The Killara Station Upgrade would provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The public display period has now closed. Thank you for your feedback.
Feedback received is being reviewed by the project team and considered as part of the planning approval process.
Community feedback will be responded to in a Determination Report, which will be published on this page. All stakeholders who are subscribed or provided feedback will be contacted when this occurs.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Killara Station web page for information on station facilities and transport services.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
From 30 June to 27 July 2021, the community was invited to have their say on the proposed upgrades of Killara Station. Feedback received in response to the REF is being reviewed by the project team and considered as part of the planning approval process.
Community feedback will be responded to in a Determination Report, which will be published on this page.
The Killara Station Upgrade Digital REF is available by clicking this link. The interactive portal includes further information and interactive maps and imagery for greater accessibility to information relating to the proposal. The online portal also provides links to the chapters and technical papers of Review of Environmental Factors (REF). PDF versions of the REF and technical papers are also available for download from the Planning Documents section below. Please note, the interactive REF is best experienced on a computer or tablet in a Google Chrome browser.
During May 2021, the community was invited to provide feedback on the concept design.
Key themes which emerged during consultation were:
- support for the project
- requests to preserve the character of the station
- requests for additional lighting and CCTV to increase customer safety
- requests to consider additional Commuter Car Parking.