Roseville Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Roseville Station.
The upgrade is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
As part of the program, the Roseville Station Upgrade would aim to provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- a new footbridge to replace the existing footbridge
- a new ramp to provide access between the Pacific Highway and the new footbridge
- two new lifts and stairways to provide access between Hill Street, the new footbridge and the station platform
- a new family accessible toilet
- new accessible pathways throughout the station precinct
- a proposed interchange zone, which may include accessible parking, taxi zone and kiss and ride
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security
- the removal of the existing footbridge on completion of the new footbridge.
Planning is underway for an accessibility upgrade at Roseville Station. As part of the planning process, preliminary investigations being undertaken to help identify what upgrades will be required to make Roseville Station fully accessible.
Initial consultation was undertaken at the station on 5 February 2019 when members of the project team met with local community members. During this consultation, we received a range of constructive feedback, which will be considered in the further development of the early concept design and subsequent planning approval documentation.
Transport for NSW will progress the initial concept design for the project, including identification and consideration of environmental constraints, risks and opportunities in response to early community feedback. The concept design and key planning documentation will go on public display for further community consultation during 2020.
Subject to planning approval, construction is expected to commence in the second half of 2020 and take up to two years to complete.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com
Please visit the Roseville Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.